Fast Life

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009

      Today fast food places are making billions.  They have slogans like "have it your way" and "have it hot and now".  It is a wonder how easy it is for us to fall into this "fast food mentality".  It has almost become who we are, the fast generation.  However, in God's kingdom, there's no fast "food."  We can't always have it our way and now.  When we are caught up in this fast food mentality, we lose the true meaning of patience.  True patience is the ability to wait on the Lord through trials without complaining and worrying; it is to be tested and persevere through trial.

      We need to be patiently waiting on the Lord to answer us!  We cannot have a deeper walk with the Lord without spending time in his Word, without spending time in intimate prayer, without walking in repentance and humility, and practicing a life of holiness.  When we are focused on God and patiently waiting on Him to answer— He will prepare a blessing beyond our imagination!

      "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."   Jeremiah 33:3 NIV

      Yours for One Life in Christ, Venetia

      Read the Entire Bible in a Year:  Exodus 29-30; Matthew 22:1-22

      "Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32 NLT).  Enjoy - and may your daily readings bless you richly!

      Read John 3:16, you can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

      Prayer of Salvation:  "Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you.  I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my sinful life toward you.  Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.  I believe that your son, Jesus died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.  I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.  Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

      Welcome to the family of God!  We encourage you now to find a local church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.