Life's Heart

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2008

      When the Lord looks at your heart, what does He see?  Everyone has an outer life and an inner life.  The outer life is our public life that everyone can see.  The inner life is made up of your thoughts, your attitudes, and your motives.  Only you and God know what is going on inside.  Too many people go around today pretending—acting one way, yet on the inside, they are thinking something totally different.  Their heart and their actions do not line up.  We have to understand that God looks at the inside.  We can fool many people, but we cannot fool God.  God would rather us be open and honest than for us to go through life pretending or wearing masks.  Take inventory of what is going on inside of you today.  Are you at peace?  Are you overlooking offenses?  Do you believe the best in people?  Are your heart and actions lining up?  If not, submit your ways to the Lord today and ask Him to give you an undivided heart so that you can be pleasing to Him all the days of your life!

      "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him.  The LORD does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.""  I Samuel 16:7 NIV

      Yours for One Life in Christ, Venetia

      Read John 3:16

      You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.  Prayer of Salvation:  Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I present myself to You.  I pray and ask Jesus to be Lord over my life.  I believe it in my heart, so I say it with my mouth: 'Jesus has been raised from the dead.'  This moment, I make Him the Lord over my life.  Jesus, come into my heart.  I believe this moment that I am saved.  I say it now: 'I am reborn.  I am a Christian.  I am a child of Almighty God.'  Amen

      Now, thank God for making you His child.  You have just inherited the kingdom of God!