Life's Difference

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2008

      Some of us think we deserve respect simply because of our position.  No, respect must be earned - daily.  General J. Lawton Collins asserted, "No matter how brilliant a man may be he will never engender confidence in his subordinates and associates if he lacks honesty and moral courage."  Ultimately, not all the skills in the world will save you if your character is flawed.  Author Stephen Covey writes, "If I try to use human influence strategies and tactics to get other people to do what I want...and my character is fundamentally flawed...in the long run I cannot be successful.  My duplicity will breed distrust, and everything I do will be perceived as manipulative."  It makes no difference how good the rhetoric is or even how good the intentions are; if there is little or no trust, there is no foundation for permanent success.  Character can be built, but only slowly.  If you want to know how long it will take you to get to the top, consult a calendar.  If you want to know how long it will take you to fall to the bottom, try a stopwatch.  Dreams become shattered, possibilities are lost, organizations crumble, and people are hurt when a person does not have character protecting his talent.  Character provides the opportunity for longevity in any career, any relationship, and any worthwhile goal.  Author and Pastor J.R. Miller wrote, "The only thing that walks back from the grave with the mourners and refuses to be buried, is the character of a man."  What a man is, survives him, and that - makes a lasting difference!  By Bob Gass, The Word For You Today and Celebration, Inc.

      "And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things."  2 Peter 1:15 NIV

      Yours for One Life in Christ,

      Read John 3:16

      You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

      Prayer of Salvation:  Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I present myself to You.  I pray and ask Jesus to be Lord over my life.  I believe it in my heart, so I say it with my mouth: 'Jesus has been raised from the dead.'  This moment, I make Him the Lord over my life.  Jesus, come into my heart.  I believe this moment that I am saved.  I say it now: 'I am reborn.  I am a Christian.  I am a child of Almighty God.'  Amen

      Now, thank God for making you His child.  You have just inherited the kingdom of God!