One Life Devotional

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2007
      Your Walk

      Ephesians 4:1 charge us to walk worthy. What does it mean to walk
      worthy? Well, the word "worthy" means having merit or value; the
      essential value of something. You may have an appraised value of
      something, but the essential value is its inherent value. To walk in
      a manner worthy and to live in a manner worthy, we must conduct
      ourselves in a manner that measures up to the value of our salvation.
      It stands for a lifestyle for us all. If our concept of salvation
      means everything when it comes to living, how you look at your
      salvation determines how you live. Consequently, the value of your
      salvation is going to determine how you live. If it has not affected
      your lifestyle, if it has not affected the way you talk to people and
      about people, if it has not affected the way you treat others, then
      you have got a low appraisal value of something that is essentially
      worth far more than what you have even realized. Then your life is
      not measuring up to any standard that God requires. Walk in a manner
      worthy that gives you the essential value of your salvation, measured
      by the way you allow it to affect your life.

      "I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of
      the calling with which you were calledÂ… Ephesians 4:1 (NKJ)

      Peace of Christ
      Venetia

      Read John 3:16

      Prayer of Salvation:
      Father in heaven, I know that I have sinned and need to be born
      again. I offer you my life and ask for cleansing through the blood of
      Jesus. I confess Jesus as Lord and I believe in my heart that He
      willingly died for my sins and was raised from the dead on the third
      day. Holy Spirit, I ask you to come into my heart and make me born
      anew. Thank you Father for doing it through the person of the Holy
      Spirit, In Jesus' name. Amen.