Merciful Life

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008

      Christians sometimes have been accused of shooting their own wounded.  In our zeal for God, we can sometimes become impatient and judgmental with those who struggle with sin and doubt.  Instead of rejecting them, Jude says, we should have mercy on them, just as Christ had mercy on us when he forgave our many sins.  While we must not tolerate or accept sin, we are to love and accept others with kindness and mercy.  If you know someone who has fallen away from God, your kindness may be just what is needed to lead them back to God.  Excerpt from the TouchPoint Bible

      "But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do, what God is looking for in men and women.
      It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor, be compassionate and loyal in your love,
      And don't take yourself too seriously —  take God seriously."  Micah 6:8 NLT

      Yours for One Life in Christ,

      Venetia

      Read John 3:16

      You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

      Prayer of Salvation:  Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I present myself to You.  I pray and ask Jesus to be Lord over my life.  I believe it in my heart, so I say it with my mouth: 'Jesus has been raised from the dead.'  This moment, I make Him the Lord over my life.  Jesus, come into my heart.  I believe this moment that I am saved.  I say it now: 'I am reborn.  I am a Christian.  I am a child of Almighty God.'  Amen

      Now, thank God for making you His child.  You have just inherited the kingdom of God!

    • lady_g20
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2008

        Jesus told a parable of a King who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.  One servant came before him who owed him ten thousand talents [probably about $10,000,000], a debt far beyond the means of a servant.  When he could not pay, the King ordered that he and his family be sold, but the servant begged for mercy.  Then the king took pity on him, canceled the debt, and set the servant free.  The servant did not show similar mercy to another slave who owed him money and had the man thrown into prison.  The master heard what happened, reinstated the debt, and threw him into prison.  "That's what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters in your heart," Jesus said, summing up the moral of the parable (Matthew 18:23-35).

        Have you ever prayed for forgiveness on Sunday then demanded your way on Monday?  Have you ever reflected on the cross one moment and frowned at a brother the next?  Jesus' point is simple: Those who have been forgiven of so much should learn to forgive.  People redeemed from certain death should act like redeemed people.  Push pin here - Those who have received the ultimate act of mercy should learn to be merciful.  Anything less shows how little we understand the true depth of the Master's kindness.

        "God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy."  Matthew 5:7 NLT

        Yours for One Life in Christ, Venetia

        Read John 3:16

        Prayer of Salvation - Say It and Mean It Now!
        "Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you.  I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my sinful life toward you.  Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.  I believe that your son, Jesus died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.  I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.  Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

        Welcome to the family of God!  We encourage you now to find a local church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2010

          Jesus once told a parable of a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants.  One servant came before him who owed him ten thousand talents, a debt far beyond the means of a servant.  When he could not pay, the king ordered that he and his family be sold, but the servant begged for mercy.  Then the king took pity on him, canceled the debt, and set the servant free.  The servant did not show similar mercy to another slave who owed him money and had the man thrown into prison. The master heard what had happened, reinstated the debt and threw him into prison.  Summing up the moral to the story Jesus said, "That is what my heavenly Father will do to you if you refuse to forgive your brothers and sisters in your heart." Matthew 18:23-35

          "God blesses those people who are merciful.  They will be treated with mercy!"  Matthew 5:7 CEV

          In His Service for One Life Ministries – Venetia

          YOU CAN RECEIVE CHRIST RIGHT NOW BY FAITH THROUGH PRAYER

          Prayer of Salvation:  Dear Lord, I admit that I am a sinner.  I have done many things that do not please you.  I have lived my life for myself.  I am sorry and I repent.  I ask you to forgive me.  I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me.  You did what I could not do for myself.  I come to you now, ask you to take control of my life, and I give it to you.  Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you.  I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

          Welcome to the family of God!  Your decision to accept Jesus the Christ as your Lord and Savior is the best decision you have ever made.  We encourage you now to find a local Bible based church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.