Wise Living

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1 1:12 AM

      Why don't we read God's Word more?  Three reasons: (1) We do not know how!  We hear the pastor preach a great sermon and think, "Why didn't I see that?"  Because the pastor spends hours praying over it and studying the Scriptures, we do not!  (2) We are not motivated!  That is because we have not experienced the joy that comes from personally discovering great truths from God's Word.  We have become satisfied with getting what we need from somebody else rather than finding it out for ourselves.  Understand this: If you ever get serious about studying the Bible on your own, you will never fully be satisfied with a second-hand knowledge of the Scriptures.  When you discover how good Bible study is, you will find yourself going back for more.  Yes, personal Bible study can be habit-forming!"  (3) We are lazy!  Bible study is hard work.  There are no shortcuts to it.  It takes time, effort, concentration, and persistence.  Most of its great truths do not lie on the surface; we have to dig for them.  Adapted from The Word For You Today and Celebration

      "But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught.  You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you.  You have been taught the Holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus."  2 Timothy 3:14-15 NLT

      Yours for One Life in Christ,

      Venetia

      Read John 3:16

      You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

      Prayer of Salvation:  Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I present myself to You.  I pray and ask Jesus to be Lord over my life.  I believe it in my heart, so I say it with my mouth: 'Jesus has been raised from the dead.'  This moment, I make Him the Lord over my life.  Jesus, come into my heart.  I believe this moment that I am saved.  I say it now: 'I am reborn.  I am a Christian.  I am a child of Almighty God.'  Amen

      Now, thank God for making you His child.  You have just inherited the kingdom of God!