Family Life

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007

      When it is easier to talk to outsiders than it is to your own family, something's wrong. Your family should be a support system, a safety net to catch you when you fall.  We like to envision "family" as a hard-working dad, a stay-at-home mom, 2 children, a dog, and a house with a white picket fence.  But for some, family means money problems, troubled kids and warring spouses. It takes a big dose of grace to make it all work.  So start praying for your kids, instead of just setting boundaries that create distance between you when you don't see eye to eye. You will not always agree, but you must learn to respect each other. When God said, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6), He didn't say what qualifies as "old," or when your investment would start paying off.

      Every family has its ups and downs. And every family tree produces a few nuts!  But if you bail out when things get tough you will miss the rewards you would have gotten by hanging on. Often the child that blesses you most is the one who didn't reflect your views, married someone you don't like, and doesn't invite you over to dinner! In the long run none of that matters because your family is a life-long investment. What's important is to love and support one another unconditionally right now.

      2"With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."  Ephesians 4:2-3 KJV

      Live a life worthy, Venetia

      Christian Voice Bookstore at christianvoice. spreadtheword. com

      Read John 3:16

      Prayer of Salvation: Father in heaven, I know that I have sinned and need to be born again. I offer you my life and ask for cleansing through the blood of Jesus. I confess Jesus as Lord and I believe in my heart that He willingly died for my sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. Holy Spirit, I ask you to come into my heart and make me born anew. Thank you Father for doing it through the person of the Holy Spirit, In Jesus' name. Amen

    • lady_g20
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 6, 2008

        From the very beginning, these boys were different.  They chose different lifestyles, food, games, places to be, they chose very different paths.  Their parents followed suit by making their own choices, each supporting his or her favorite son.  The result was a divided family and eventually a divided nation.  They did not have to be divisive, God had told them what to expect (Genesis 25:23–28).  Therefore, this family could have celebrated its differences and still accomplished God's plan.  Consider for a moment what Isaac and Rebekah missed out on by playing favorites.  What might Esau and Jacob have missed out on?  Even when we do not know the specifics of God's plan, we can rest assured that His way of bringing about His plan will be the best way.

        "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD.  Isaiah 55:8 NIV

        Yours for One Life in Christ,

        Venetia

        Read John 3:16

        You can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

        Prayer of Salvation:  Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I present myself to You.  I pray and ask Jesus to be Lord over my life.  I believe it in my heart, so I say it with my mouth: 'Jesus has been raised from the dead.'  This moment, I make Him the Lord over my life.  Jesus, come into my heart.  I believe this moment that I am saved.  I say it now: 'I am reborn.  I am a Christian.  I am a child of Almighty God.'  Amen

        Now, thank God for making you His child.  You have just inherited the kingdom of God!

      • lady_g20
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2009

          I am sure you have heard the parable of the Prodigal Son or the Parable of the Lost Son.

          This is a story of a somewhat dysfunctional family.  There was a son who asks his father for his inheritance, immediately, before the normal time for receiving it.  Implying that he would prefer that his father were dead, rather than remaining with him and his older brother.  The father would have been devastated.  Think about it, what if your son approached you with a request that was normally fulfilled by your passing away, how would you feel?  Nevertheless, in spite of the pain caused by his insensitive son, the Father truly loves him.  However, when his returned, the Father embraces him and even treats him like a King!

          So, it is for much of the unbelieving world with no acknowledgment of or gratitude for their Creator, they're happy to enjoy the abundance of God and His creation, while completely ignoring His existence and counting Him as dead.  Yet God loves his prodigals, and desires everyone to return Him!

          We are all called to reach this world for the Lord.  Moreover, prodigals are everywhere.  Let's give them a taste of their Father's love so that when they begin to come to their senses and they will know and feel that they can safely return to His house and be received with open arms!

          "So he returned home to his father.  And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming.  Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.  His son said to him, `Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.'  "But his father said to the servants, `Quick!  Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him.  Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet.  And kill the calf we have been fattening.  We must celebrate with a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life.  He was lost, but now he is found.'  So the party began.  Luke 15:20-24 NLT

          Yours for One Life in Christ, Venetia

          Read the Entire Bible in a Year:  Exodus 37-38; Matthew 23:23-39

          "Jesus said to the people who believed in him, "You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings.  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32 NLT).  Enjoy - and may your daily readings bless you richly!

          Read John 3:16, you can receive Christ right now by faith through prayer.

          Prayer of Salvation:  "Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you.  I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my sinful life toward you.  Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again.  I believe that your son, Jesus died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer.  I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward.  Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life.  In Jesus' name I pray, Amen."

          Welcome to the family of God!  We encourage you now to find a local church where you can be baptized and grow in the knowledge of God through His Word, the Bible.