OUR FATHER

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007

      Jesus taught His disciples to pray: "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father" (Matthew 6:9). Push pin here:  the relationship you have with someone determines the level of comfort and confidence with which you approach them. So Jesus begins by emphasizing:

      The person. "Our Father." Now, if you had an absentee father who was never there for you, or an abusive father who hurt you, or an emotionally unavailable father who never showed you much love or acceptance, then you need a new concept of God - a Scriptural one; otherwise your past will sabotage you. Before you can trust someone you have to know they really care about you. Once that happens you will open up to them. Only then can your wounded areas be made whole. "Our Father" - that puts an address on the envelope! You need to understand Who you are talking to, and the relationship you have with Him. You approach God on the basis of who you are to Him, and Who He is to you.

      "This, then, is how you should pray:  " 'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name"  Matthew 6:9

      Live a life worthy, Venetia

      Christian Voice Bookstore at christianvoice. spreadtheword. com

      Read John 3:16

      Prayer of Salvation: Father in heaven, I know that I have sinned and need to be born again. I offer you my life and ask for cleansing through the blood of Jesus. I confess Jesus as Lord and I believe in my heart that He willingly died for my sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. Holy Spirit, I ask you to come into my heart and make me born anew. Thank you Father for doing it through the person of the Holy Spirit, In Jesus' name. Amen