Life's Road

  • lady_g20
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2007

      Are you facing a situation that feels overwhelming and you are afraid to make a wrong move? Or maybe you are saying no to something in your life that you would really like to say yes to. For years I heard about hiking. It sounded elusive, difficult...and mysterious. When a friend asked me to go hiking...I began thinking...what if I couldn't do it well enough? Or I didn't know how to do it at all? 'Don't be ridiculous,' I scolded myself. 'You're making this more complicated than it is...it is just walking, and you've been doing that since you were a baby!' We left...and I followed...as she started up a steep incline. 'Just walk,' I told myself...'Put one foot in front of another...like you have done all your life.' I didn't make it to the top of the mountain that day, but I made it halfway...Start where you are. Start poorly. Just start...if you already knew how to do it well, it wouldn't be a lesson...and you'd never have the thrill of victory, years from now looking back."

      God has promised to "take the hand of those who do not know the way...to show them what roads to take." You say, "But what if I get into difficulty?" You probably will! But God says: "When you're in over your head, I'll be there with you" (Isaiah 43:2 TM). But you've got to be willing to 'go' in order for God to bring you 'through!' In other words, you have to be willing to get your feet wet. The thing to keep in mind is: "God...goes ahead of you".  (Deuteronomy 1:30 TM). Excerpt from The Word For You Today and Celebration, Inc.

      "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."  Isaiah 42:16

      Live a life worthy, Venetia

      Christian Voice Bookstore at christianvoice. spreadtheword. com

      Read John 3:16

      Prayer of Salvation: Father in heaven, I know that I have sinned and need to be born again. I offer you my life and ask for cleansing through the blood of Jesus. I confess Jesus as Lord and I believe in my heart that He willingly died for my sins and was raised from the dead on the third day. Holy Spirit, I ask you to come into my heart and make me born anew. Thank you Father for doing it through the person of the Holy Spirit, In Jesus' name. Amen