Pre-opening Commentary - S&P 500

  • Kathryn Martyn
    Message 1 of 439 , Oct 1, 2002
      The overnight session has gapped our open up to near the highs of
      yesterday - just below the 825 level. Price is consolidating with
      its lows at support at 820.50 which is a bullish indication. A move
      below 820.50 is a short with likely support at 816 - 817 with a move
      below that level bearish.

      Higher, there is resistance at 827 - 828. A move above 828 will
      likely continue to 833 - 834 though the 827 - 828 level is
      substantial resistance.

      We will likely stand aside during the early session as price is
      likely to get choppy and volatile.

      Good Trading
      Charles Holt, S&P Trader & Mentor

      D A Y T R A D E R ' S B U L L E T I N
      Real-Time Trade Signals for the S&P 500
      http://www.daytradersbulletin.com
      http://www.daytradersmentor.com
    • Daytraders Bulletin
      Message 439 of 439 , Sep 30, 2004
        This is the last week for the Yahoo Groups S&P 500 Pre-opening
        Commentary. You can read this online from our blog at
        http://www.DaytradersBulletin.com/open

        The blog is an Atom feed. If you have blogging software here
        is the subscribe url:
        http://www.daytradersbulletin.com/open/atom.xml

        If you prefer to receive the Pre-opening Commentary in your
        e-mail, please sign up via our form at
        http://www.daytradersbulletin.com/html/ontheopen2.html
        ~~~~~

        Price pushed up above yesterday's high during the
        overnight session and has now push quickly below
        that level. This typically sets up a reversal
        day. Usually the reversal occurs at the opening
        of the regular trading session but not in this
        case.

        The retracement targets here are at 1111.00 - 1113.00,
        1107.50, 1104.50 and 1101.50 with 1111.00 - 1113.00
        being a possible reversal level back up.

        We will wait for a setup.