82Re: [On3photos] Details about the OF 2-8-8-2

  • Art Midwood
    Mar 25, 2014

      I built that about 2 years ago now. In the same file should be the line drawings from Baldwin for the proposed loco. Yes, made from 2 IHM K-37's, a Balboa K-36 tender and some odds and ends. Min radius 38" and pulls every car on the layout. Prototype math worked out between 52 and 58 thousand lbs. tractive effort so I went with L-57 for a class designation. Contact me off list if you want to know more. I should have it at Kansas City this fall, it's all painted now. There should be videos of it on Youtube at artrgs461. Thanks Art.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic