Re: JEFFREY SPIKE MODELS *-* Buyers BEWARE!

  • Bill Nielsen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2011
      Please file a complaint with the FBI Internet Crime Division <http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx> . If you don't, crooks like this will just keep on scamming as many folks as they can. The only way to stop them is to put the authorities on their trail.

      Regards,
      Bill

      --- In On30group@yahoogroups.com, "sploggingco" <jwlloyd@...> wrote:

      > JEFFREY SPIKE MODELS *-* Buyers BEWARE!
      >
      > Jeffery Spike Models appear to be running a scam on the internet. Their website is advertising Kit#403 "The Gunworks" as an available product. I reserved a kit with a deposit ($100) on 10/5/09. Final payment was sent on 7/17/10 ($139) and verified by Mike Varble on 7/21/10 with a promise of shipping in 3-4 weeks. TO DATE I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS KIT! Many emails with Mike were answered with various excuses for the delay of promised shipping dates. Mike has not responded to any emails since March 2011. A request for refund has also not been honored or acknowledged.
      >
      > I am posting this message to warn any potential buyers that if you purchase from Jeffrey Spike Models or Mike & Renee Varble, and do not take delivery at purchase, You may not get your purchase delivered at a later date. I do not know if they will be at any West Coast meets or Conventions this Summer, But caution is advised with any transactions. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
      >
      > It also appears that several others have been "scammed" as reported in the "On30 Conspiracy" forum. And with no resolution or response.

    • John W. Lloyd
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2011
        Thanks Bill,
        I have already filed the FBI report on line. If anyone else has been a
        victim of this scam, the report only takes a few minutes to complete and
        will help us all to keep model railroading 'FUN'
        John

        --

        “The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil;
        but because of the people who don't do anything about it.” -Albert Einstein

        Accept that some days you're the pigeon,
        and some days you're the statue.

        I've learned that making a "living"
        is not the same thing as making a "life."

        Politicians and diapers should be changed for the same reason.

        Regards,
        John W. Lloyd
        Jamestown, CA. 95327
        jwlloyd@...