HELP B&H #7!!!

  • Nathan Kline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hi all,
      I just saw this message on the Maine Narrow Gauge RR Museum website, B&H #7
      is my absolute favorite surviving Maine two footer and I haven't been able
      to see her under steam in person and I would love to be able to get that
      chance but that won't happen unless the MNGRRM gets the help they need!
      Please pass this along! Message on site(www.mngrr.org) is as follows...

      "Our Historic Engines Need Help!
      In 2004, the MNGRR's Steam Program fell under the jurisdiction of the
      Federal Railroad Administration. This means all four of our steam
      locomotives now have to go through a thorough inspection. FRA mandated
      upgrades must then be completed before a locomotive is allowed to run. At
      the start of 2004, the MNG used its available funds to put Monson Railroad
      engine #4 through the FRA process. To this day, number 4 is our only
      available locomotive.

      The museum has since set aside funds to put Bridgton and Harrison engine #7
      through the same process. Since #7 is much bigger than #4, the cost for
      rehabilitating engine 7 exceeds what the railroad can currently afford. We
      estimate it will cost between $25,000 and $30,000 to put #7 back on track.
      We will not start the restoration work until we have the sufficient funds to
      complete the project. We need your help!

      A Maine native, #7 is a 1913 Baldwin built for the Bridgton and Saco River
      Railroad. Weighing in at 33.5 tons, #7 is a 2-4-4RT type locomotive that
      hauled passengers and freight in New England for nearly 100 years! After her
      career in Maine, in 1947, she went to the Edaville Railroad in South Carver
      Massachusetts as founder Ellis D. Atwood's first engine!

      She made her return to Maine in 2002. She saw occasional service at the MNG
      in 2002 and 2003, but has not turned a wheel under steam since.

      Please consider a tax-deductible donation to put this engine back into
      service!

      Checks should be made out to the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad. Most
      importantly, be sure to include a note indicating that the check is for the
      "Engine 7 Fund."

      You can also click the donate link on the left, and during the payment
      process you may specify "Engine 7 Fund" in the memo field.

      If you have any questions about #7 or our steam program, please contact Mike
      Moulison at captmike331@...
      www.mngrr.org"