1478Maine Narrow Gauge Show

  • Elliott Thomas
    Feb 14, 2012
      The Maine Narrow Gauge Modelers invite you to the 5th Annual Maine
      Narrow Gauge Show on March 31, 2012 in Gray, Maine.

      Modular layouts by the the Sn2 Crew and the Maine On30 Group, as well as
      a micro layout or two will be set up and running for your viewing
      pleasure. Clinics will be ongoing throughout the day. Clinics
      scheduled to date include Greg Ouellette who will do a workshop on
      deciduous trees. The first 10 people to sign for this clinic will take
      home a tree. Elliott Thomas will do a workshop on pine trees. Richard
      Fall, of Mill Falls Models will be showing us how to weather
      structures. Information on the remaining clinics is forthcoming.
      Throughout the day, Alan Carroll will be demonstrating the art of
      kit-bashing motive power and rolling stock, and Richard Fall will be
      demonstrating construction and weathering techniques

      Our vendor list to date includes Mount Blue Model Co., Deerfield River
      Laser, Tunk & Lead Backshop, The Peterboro Railroad , Mill Falls Scale
      Models, Sea Port Model Works, Minuteman Scale Models, and Train Troll.
      We are awaiting confirmation from several others, and will announce them
      as we receive it. Boothbay Railway Village, the WW&F Railway Museum and
      the Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes Railroad will also have displays.

      We are again having a model contest with categories including
      structures, motive power, rolling stock, dioramas, special equipment, a
      one-square foot challenge, a new 4-inch square category, and overall
      Best-in-Show. This will again be a Peoples Choice contest. Tunk & Lead
      Backshop has again graciously sponsored the contest, and is proving
      trophies for all categories. We encourage everyone to enter one of your
      models.

      Contest rules as well as other show information are available on our new
      website http://www.mngm.org The site will be updated as more
      information becomes available.

      There is a nominal $5 entrance fee, with half of the proceeds to benefit
      the Gray-New Gloucester High School Boosters Club.

      We hope to see you there.