XML document unreachable

  • tacite53
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      This is my first experience with OmegaT
      Used it to translate a fairly complicated albeit short text, with
      tables and notes.
      At the end of the translation process, I requested target documents
      to be created, then tried to open the resulting OpenOffice document
      which would not open : " erreur de format dans le sous-document
      content.xml "
      Quand j'ouvre le document xml, je vois en fin de content que
      page XML ne peut pas être affichée
      Impossible d'afficher l'entrée XML en utilisant la feuille de style
      XSL. Corrigez l'erreur, puis cliquez sur le bouton Actualiser ou
      réessayez ultérieurement.

      ----------

      La balise de fin text:p ne correspond pas à la balise de début
      text:span. Erreur de traitement de la ressource file:///C:/

      Que puis-je faire ; le texte traduit semble récupérable mais tout le
      formatage sera à refaire.

      D'avance merci
    • Marc Prior
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        Am Freitag 01 Dezember 2006 08:41 schrieb tacite53:
        > This is my first experience with OmegaT
        > Used it to translate a fairly complicated albeit short text, with
        > tables and notes.
        > At the end of the translation process, I requested target documents
        > to be created, then tried to open the resulting OpenOffice document
        > which would not open : " erreur de format dans le sous-document
        > content.xml "
        > Quand j'ouvre le document xml, je vois en fin de content que
        > page XML ne peut pas être affichée
        > Impossible d'afficher l'entrée XML en utilisant la feuille de style
        > XSL. Corrigez l'erreur, puis cliquez sur le bouton Actualiser ou
        > réessayez ultérieurement.

        One possible cause:

        You have damaged tags whilst working in OmegaT. Use Tools > Validate Tags to
        identify any segments containing damaged tags. You must then correct them
        manually and recreate the target documents.

        Another possible cause:

        Your source text contains the character "<". This has caused problems
        recently. If your source text contains this character, replace it with
        something else, then reload the project and recreate the target documents. If
        your output file can now be opened, re-insert the "<" character.

        Marc
      • JFDreyfus@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
          I tried both suggestions and they did not work.
          I also tried to copy sentence by sentence until I reached the point where it
          stopped working but it takes much too long.
          Sadly, I think I will revert to SDLX.

          Jean-François DREYFUS, MD, PhD
          +33 6 12 82 67 80

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2006
              Thanks to those that offered some help and suggestions.
              This is what I did : cleaned the source document from all bizarre objects
              that resulted from the original document being a Word® document (that was
              translated by Open Office), opened a second instance of Omega, copied one after
              the other the 800 items in the former target document, in the new target,
              making sure not to modify any tag. To do that I decided to put the translated text
              between tags the meaning of which was obvious, leaving the tags that were
              not easy to decipher and the enclosed text as it were.
              I checked every ten to twenty tags that I still had a target that could be
              opened by Open Office. Altogether it took me four hours.
              My advice as a newbie to Omega, but routinely using SDLX, which is quite
              tolerant to tag issues: when you find a tag in your source, just leave it as is
              and translate in the final target or translate as I did between tags the
              meaning is obvious, but do not ever touch to tags. It may be possible to correct
              such errors in XML (I bumped into a program called Tidy, which seems able to
              do this, but I am quite sure it requires a lot of attention.
              It would be nice to have a system slightly less picky with this type of
              errors.

              With my best regards.