Re: [OmT] OmegaT 1.6.0 released!

  • Richard/n
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
      On Tue, 31-October-2006 17:51, Henry Pijffers wrote:
      > Dear all,
      >
      > We've been working hard over the past couple weeks to stamp
      > out as many bugs as possible and to finish the user manual.
      > And now, after a very long delay, I'm proud to be able to
      > announce the final release of OmegaT 1.6.0!
      >
      > Users, localisers, forkers: get your fix and do your tricks
      > :)

      I upgraded last night to OmT-1.60 final.

      Now, my tmx files give the following error and do not load:

      Unrecoverable error while parsing TMX file
      /win_d/documents/.../06_ED-B-02.00-01.tmx
      on line 22, column-1 while parsing.

      The TMX file will not be loaded.

      java.lang.NullPointerException
      [ OK ]

      Click OK and then another and another and so on.
      But then it analyses strings?

      Any ideas?

      Thanks,
      Richard.

      PS: And now it does the same in OmT-160-rc12a.
    • Richard/g
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
          >I upgraded last night to OmT-1.60 final.
          >
          >Now, my tmx files give the following error and do not load:
          >
          >Unrecoverable error while parsing TMX file
          >/win_d/documents/.../06_ED-B-02.00-01.tmx
          >on line 22, column-1 while parsing.
          >
          >The TMX file will not be loaded.
          >
          >java.lang.NullPointerException
          > [ OK ]
          >

          >Click OK and then another and another and so on.
          >But then it analyses strings?
          >
          >Any ideas?

          Sorry, no specific idea.
          Just one thing:
          Try lauching OmegaT specifying the amount of memory to use:
          java -Xmx256M -jar OmegaT.jar
          (256 corresponds to the default value in RC12a)

          >PS: And now it does the same in OmT-160-rc12a.

          Strange.
          If you want, you can send me your TMX privately (you can contact me through
          Yahoo), so that I can check whether there is an issue with your TMX or not.

          Best regards,

          Didier Briel
        • Henry Pijffers
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
            Richard/n wrote:

            > I upgraded last night to OmT-1.60 final.
            >
            > Now, my tmx files give the following error and do not load:
            >
            > Unrecoverable error while parsing TMX file
            > /win_d/documents/.../06_ED-B-02.00-01.tmx
            > on line 22, column-1 while parsing.
            >
            > The TMX file will not be loaded.
            >
            > java.lang.NullPointerException
            > [ OK ]
            >

            > Click OK and then another and another and so on.
            > But then it analyses strings?

            Well, actually the TMX are partially loaded, up to the problematic
            point. Only the part after that point is discarded.

            Maybe you can tell us the contents of line 22 of the TMX file you
            mentioned above?

            Besides, this is no different than it was before, only now you get
            to be informed about it. Before, OmegaT would just drop the rest of
            the TMX silently.

            Also, this problem is due to the TMX file not being correct XML.
            OmegaT cannot parse incorrect XML files. The problem is created by
            the tool who generated the TMX file.

            Henry
          • Richard/n
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
              NOTE: Sorry for the double post. Didn't remember which email
              I'd subscribed with. rh.

              On Wed, 1-November-2006 09:36, Didier Briel wrote:
> [...]

              Made no difference. Have 512M ram and it does work with 12a.

              > >PS: And now it does the same in OmT-160-rc12a.

              Well, that was my fault.
              The version rc-12a works fine.
              I had started renaming directories and didn't finish. :}}

              > Strange.
              > If you want, you can send me your TMX privately (you can
              > contact me through Yahoo), so that I can check whether
              > there is an issue with your TMX or not.

              I'll pick a small one. There's about 25 of them and they all
              give the same error. :(

              Thanks. It's a relief to know that 12a still works. :}}

              Regards,
              Richard Holt.

              > Best regards,
              >
              > Didier Briel

            • Henry Pijffers
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                Richard/n wrote:

                > Thanks. It's a relief to know that 12a still works. :}}

                I would be very surprised if RC12a gave you any more results than
                Final. As mentioned earlier, all that has been changed since RC12a
                for Final is that OmegaT now notifies the user about the problem,
                whereas before it wouldn't. The rest is the same.

                Henry
              • Richard/g
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                  On Wed, 1-November-2006 11:21, Henry Pijffers wrote:
                  > Richard/n wrote:
                  > > I upgraded last night to OmT-1.60 final.

                  I'm running on up-to-date Kanotix/Debian Sid.

                  > > Now, my tmx files give the following error and do not
                  > > load:
                  > >
                  > > Unrecoverable error while parsing TMX file
                  > > /win_d/documents/.../06_ED-B-02.00-01.tmx
                  > > on line 22, column-1 while parsing.
                  > >
                  > > The TMX file will not be loaded.
                  > >
                  > > java.lang.NullPointerException
                  > > [ OK ]
                  > >

                  > > Click OK and then another and another and so on.
                  > > But then it analyses strings?
                  >
                  > Well, actually the TMX are partially loaded, up to the
                  > problematic point. Only the part after that point is
                  > discarded.

                  That makes sense.

                  > Maybe you can tell us the contents of line 22 of the TMX
                  > file you mentioned above?

                  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                  <!DOCTYPE tmx SYSTEM "tmx11.dtd">
                  <tmx version="1.1">
                  <header
                  creationtool="OmegaT"
                  creationtoolversion="1"
                  segtype="paragraph"
                  o-tmf="OmegaT TMX"
                  adminlang="EN-US"
                  srclang="es-ES"
                  datatype="plaintext"

                  </header>
                  <tu>
                  <tuv lang="es-ES">
                  <seg>ASEGURAMIENTO Y CONTROL DE CALIDAD <f1>DE
                  EQUIPOS ESTATICOS Y DINAMICOS</seg>
                  </tuv>
                  <tuv lang="en-US">
                  <seg>ASSURANCE AND QUALITY CONTROL <f1>OF STATIC
                  AND DYNAMIC EQUIPMENT</seg>
                  </tuv>
                  22</tu>
                  <tu>
                  <tuv lang="es-ES">
                  <seg>JUNIO 20Q4</seg>
                  </tuv>
                  <tuv lang="en-US">
                  <seg>JUNE 2004</seg>
                  </tuv>
                  </tu>

                  > Besides, this is no different than it was before, only now
                  > you get to be informed about it. Before, OmegaT would just
                  > drop the rest of the TMX silently.

                  I guess I haven't been paying enough attention.
                  Need to review the archives.

                  > Also, this problem is due to the TMX file not being correct
                  > XML. OmegaT cannot parse incorrect XML files. The problem
                  > is created by the tool who generated the TMX file.

                  Now that's weird. :)
                  The only TMX creator that I have, to the best of my knowledge,
                  is OmegaT.

                  Thanks and regards,
                  Richard.

                  > Henry
                • Henry Pijffers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                    Richard/g wrote:

                    > <tuv lang="en-US">
                    > <seg>ASSURANCE AND QUALITY CONTROL <f1>OF STATIC
                    > AND DYNAMIC EQUIPMENT</seg>
                    > </tuv>
                    > 22</tu>
                    > <tu>
                    > <tuv lang="es-ES">
                    > <seg>JUNIO 20Q4</seg>
                    > </tuv>

                    Weird. It shouldn't crash on that.

                    >> Also, this problem is due to the TMX file not being correct
                    >> XML. OmegaT cannot parse incorrect XML files. The problem
                    >> is created by the tool who generated the TMX file.
                    >
                    > Now that's weird. :)
                    > The only TMX creator that I have, to the best of my knowledge,
                    > is OmegaT.

                    I wrongly assumed you were loading a TMX file created by another
                    tool. But if OmegaT created your TMX file, that makes it even
                    weirder. Maybe the message just gets displayed while it shouldn't,
                    and there's not a problem at all.

                    Do you get matches? I mean, do you get a match for the segment
                    "JUNIO 20Q4"? If so, then the TMX has been loaded anyway, so there
                    wasn't a problem.

                    I'll investigate this further.

                    Henry
                  • Richard/g
                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006

                      > Do you get matches? I mean, do you get a match for the
                      > segment "JUNIO 20Q4"? If so, then the TMX has been loaded
                      > anyway, so there wasn't a problem.

                      I'll try to set up a control project with this and see if it
                      continues, later this afternoon. Also to see if it appears
                      in a new project.

                      Thanks. At least I can still use 12a. It finally started
                      recognizing utf8 and accepting Spanish accents in the editor,
                      after a fresh install of Kanotix-2006-01-rc4/Debian Sid.

                      Maybe it's a clash of old chars?

                      Richard.

                      > I'll investigate this further.
                      >
                      > Henry

                    • Henry Pijffers
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                        Richard/g wrote:

                        > Maybe it's a clash of old chars?

                        No, it's a genuine bug in our code :(

                        Your TMX file was created by an older version (1.4.x?).
                        Version 1.6.0 does some upgrading on older TMX files,
                        but the code that called the upgrading was broken.

                        Fixed, in CVS, will appear in a fresh release on SF
                        as soon as possible.

                        Henry
                      • Richard/g
                        Message 11 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                          On Wed, 1-November-2006 15:28, Henry Pijffers wrote:
                          > Richard/g wrote:
                          > > Maybe it's a clash of old chars?
                          >
                          > No, it's a genuine bug in our code :(
                          >
                          > Your TMX file was created by an older version (1.4.x?).

                          Yes, about 25% of them are from August-December 2005.

                          > Version 1.6.0 does some upgrading on older TMX files,
                          > but the code that called the upgrading was broken.
                          >
                          > Fixed, in CVS, will appear in a fresh release on SF
                          > as soon as possible.

                          I'll be watching the list. :)
                          Looking forward to the new release.

                          saludos,
                          Richard.

                          > Henry
                        • Richard/g
                          Message 12 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                            On Wed, 1-November-2006 15:28, Henry Pijffers wrote:
                            > Richard/g wrote:
                            > > Maybe it's a clash of old chars?
                            >
                            > No, it's a genuine bug in our code :(
                            >
                            > Your TMX file was created by an older version (1.4.x?).
                            > Version 1.6.0 does some upgrading on older TMX files,
                            > but the code that called the upgrading was broken.
                            >
                            > Fixed, in CVS, will appear in a fresh release on SF
                            > as soon as possible.
                            >
                            > Henry

                            The files that are rejected by 1.60 final were created by
                            creationtool="OmegaT"
                            creationtoolversion="1"
                            segtype="paragraph"

                            ***
                            All of the files that passed muster were created by
                            creationtool="OmegaT"
                            creationtoolversion="1.6"
                            segtype="sentence"
                            ***

                            But it seems like all those created by
                            creationtool="OmegaT"
                            creationtoolversion="1.6"
                            segtype="paragraph"

                            are also flagged as bad TMX by the 1.60 final.

                            Saludos,
                            Richard.
                          • Henry Pijffers
                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 1, 2006
                              Richard/g wrote:

                              > But it seems like all those created by
                              > creationtool="OmegaT"
                              > creationtoolversion="1.6"
                              > segtype="paragraph"
                              >
                              > are also flagged as bad TMX by the 1.60 final.

                              Yep, that's what I would expect. The problem was in the upgrade
                              code, which breaks paragraphs into sentences. All TMX files that
                              have paragraph segmentation are "flagged as bad".

                              Henry