Announce: OmegaT 1.6.0 RC 11 is available

  • Maxym Mykhalchuk
    Message 1 of 29 , Jul 2 8:31 AM
      Hi All,

      OmegaT project is proud to announce the 11th Release Candidate of OmegaT 1.6.0.

      1.6.0 RC11 is smaller update, if compared to RC10, but yet there're features:
      - Now you can move your projects around easily, as project properties
      store relative paths
      - Fuzzy Matches and Glossary windows were separated and may be docked
      and freely moved around the screen
      - Also there's a new XHTML filter that handles all the complex XML
      features our previous universal HTML/XHTML filter could not.

      1.6.0 RC11 contains more than 50 bugfixes over the 1.4.5.04 release,
      so we consider it being more stable than 1.4.5.04 in terms of bugs.
      The featureset is what we didn't stabilize, yet the name Unstable.

      As usual, you may download 1.6.0 RC11 from:
      http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=68187&package_id=119960

      Sincere,
      Maxym Mykhalchuk

      --
      ================================
      Maxym Mykhalchuk
      Message 2 of 29 , Jul 2 8:59 AM
        P.S. Sorry, it seems SourceForge.net downloads are down temporarily.
        I'll inform you when they come up.

        --
        ================================
        Maxym Mykhalchuk
        Message 3 of 29 , Jul 2 9:10 AM
          Any reason why there are no "View" menu anymore ?

          When a docked "frame" ? is undocked and dismissed it silently disepears
          and I can't seem to find how to put it back on the screen...

          Can you give a like to the library "demo" where a simple user manual
          would be available ?

          JC

          On Jul 3, 2006, at 12:31 AM, Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > OmegaT project is proud to announce the 11th Release Candidate of
          > OmegaT 1.6.0.
          >
          > 1.6.0 RC11 is smaller update, if compared to RC10, but yet there're
          > features:
          > - Now you can move your projects around easily, as project properties
          > store relative paths
          > - Fuzzy Matches and Glossary windows were separated and may be docked
          > and freely moved around the screen
          > - Also there's a new XHTML filter that handles all the complex XML
          > features our previous universal HTML/XHTML filter could not.
          >
          > 1.6.0 RC11 contains more than 50 bugfixes over the 1.4.5.04 release,
          > so we consider it being more stable than 1.4.5.04 in terms of bugs.
          > The featureset is what we didn't stabilize, yet the name Unstable.
          >
          > As usual, you may download 1.6.0 RC11 from:
          > http://sf.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=68187&package_id=119960
          >
          > Sincere,
          > Maxym Mykhalchuk
          >
          > --
          > ================================
          > Maxym Mykhalchuk
          > phone: (+39) 320 8593170
          > icq: 172-308-458
          > skype: maxym.mykhalchuk
          > ================================

          > ~~~~~~
          > IRC channel: irc://irc.freenode.net/omegat
          > For bug reports, feature requests, OmegaT test versions etc...
          > Go to: http://sourceforge.net/projects/omegat/
          > To localize OmegaT to your language, or proofread existing
          > translations,
          > read: http://www.omegat.org/omegat/translation-info.html
          > If OmegaT makes you richer than you need, check the Pine Ridge
          > Reservation's
          > charities for a donation: http://www.friendsofpineridgereservation.org/

        • JC Helary
          Message 4 of 29 , Jul 2 9:12 AM
            The search window is not dismissible with ESC anymore.
            JC
          • Jean-Christophe Helary
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 2 9:13 AM
              On Jul 3, 2006, at 1:12 AM, JC Helary wrote:

              > The search window is not dismissible with ESC anymore.
              > JC

              Sorry, it was not 10 seconds ago... Maybe a CPU problem that locked my
              thing...

              JC
            • JC Helary
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 2 9:15 AM
                > Any reason why there are no "View" menu anymore ?

                Project files list under "Project"... smart move :)

                > When a docked "frame" ? is undocked and dismissed it silently disepears
                > and I can't seem to find how to put it back on the screen...
                >
                > Can you give a like to the library "demo" where a simple user manual
                > would be available ?

                I still can't seem to find an answer for that even after playing
                extensively with the triangles in the bottom left...

                JC
              • Jean-Christophe Helary
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 2 9:20 AM
                  On Jul 3, 2006, at 12:59 AM, Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:

                  > P.S. Sorry, it seems SourceForge.net downloads are down temporarily.
                  > I'll inform you when they come up.

                  It worked for me 10mn ago. it was not the first link. I choose the
                  second on the list.

                  JC
                • marke67@gmx.net
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 2 9:27 AM
                    Kent, UK is working....

                    Martin

                    Le dimanche 2 juillet 2006 à 18:20:52, vous écriviez :

                    JCH> On Jul 3, 2006, at 12:59 AM, Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:

                    >> P.S. Sorry, it seems SourceForge.net downloads are down temporarily.
                    >> I'll inform you when they come up.

                    JCH> It worked for me 10mn ago. it was not the first link. I choose the
                    JCH> second on the list.

                    JCH> JC
                  • Henry Pijffers
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 2 9:35 AM
                      Great, but could you fix CVS? When I try to compile,
                      I get errors because I'm missing the XHTMLFilter class.

                      Henry

                      Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:
                      > Hi All,
                      >
                      > OmegaT project is proud to announce the 11th Release Candidate of OmegaT 1.6.0.
                    • Samuel Murray
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 2 9:40 AM
                        Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:

                        > - Fuzzy Matches and Glossary windows were separated and may be docked
                        > and freely moved around the screen

                        Very nice. However, the match window and glossary window can never be
                        underneath the main window (although they can be underneath each other).
                        Perhaps the main window (the edit window) should also be dockable so
                        that one could maximise the actual program but still choose to have the
                        edit window overlap the glossary window if needed. Your comments?

                        Also the titles of the match and glossary panes are truncated on my
                        system (Windows 2000 SP4, j2sdk1.4.2_05).

                        Samuel
                      • Jean-Christophe Helary
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 2 9:46 AM
                          On Jul 3, 2006, at 1:40 AM, Samuel Murray wrote:

                          > Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:
                          >
                          >> - Fuzzy Matches and Glossary windows were separated and may be docked
                          >> and freely moved around the screen
                          >
                          > Very nice. However, the match window and glossary window can never be
                          > underneath the main window (although they can be underneath each
                          > other).

                          I just have the following now:

                          -----------------------
                          | edit window |
                          | |
                          | |
                          | |
                          -----------------------
                          | | |
                          | matches | gloss |
                          -----------------------

                          all docked.

                          > Also the titles of the match and glossary panes are truncated on my
                          > system (Windows 2000 SP4, j2sdk1.4.2_05).

                          I agree there are issues with the title on Mac too.

                          JC
                        • Maxym Mykhalchuk
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 2 10:52 AM
                            Henry,

                            It's there in CVS. You just need to cvs -d -P (creating directories)...

                            Maxym

                            Message 13 of 29 , Jul 2 10:54 AM
                              JC,

                              > Any reason why there are no "View" menu anymore ?

                              Because it's no longer possible to close Matches or Glossary. If you
                              undock and close them, they should reappear.

                              > When a docked "frame" ? is undocked and dismissed it silently disepears
                              > and I can't seem to find how to put it back on the screen...

                              Definitely a bug, are you sure undocked and closed windows don't
                              reappear. May anyone confirm it happnes?

                              Maxym

                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 2 11:17 AM
                                Hi Samuel,

                                There're bugs in that library :-(
                                Probably I was too happy to see these bugs to include it.

                                I already files two bug reports:
                                http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1515939
                                http://sourceforge.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1515945
                                Let's see if they fix them fast. If not, I'll use some other docking
                                framework, with less features but one that works ;-)

                                Maxym

                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 2 12:06 PM
                                  Hi All,

                                  SourceForge.net still has some problems with mirrors, though mirrors
                                  themselves work OK, at least Kent. Here're the direct links:
                                  Binary http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/omegat/OmegaT_1.6.0_RC11.zip
                                  Sources http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/omegat/OmegaT_src_1.6.0_RC11.zip
                                  Windows Installer
                                  http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/omegat/OmegaT_win_1.6.0_RC11.exe

                                  Maxym

                                  --
                                  ================================
                                  Maxym Mykhalchuk
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 2 12:53 PM
                                    Thanks Maxym, I was unaware of those options.
                                    It compiles now, but:

                                    BUILD FAILED
                                    /home/henry/Ontwikling/Projekten/OmegaT/Source/nbproject/build-impl.xml:302:
                                    You must specify at least one of targetOS, dirSep, or pathSep

                                    Henry

                                    Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:
                                    > Henry,
                                    >
                                    > It's there in CVS. You just need to cvs -d -P (creating directories)...
                                    >
                                    > Maxym
                                  • Maxym Mykhalchuk
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Jul 2 10:56 PM
                                      Hi All,

                                      It seems SF.net downloads now function OK.

                                      --
                                      ================================
                                      Maxym Mykhalchuk
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Jul 2 11:12 PM
                                        Hi,

                                        If they don't fix those bugs in timely manner, I'll try FlexDoc
                                        http://flexdock.dev.java.net/

                                        Maxym

                                        --
                                        ================================
                                        Maxym Mykhalchuk
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Jul 3 1:14 AM
                                          Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

                                          > I just have the following now:
                                          >
                                          > -----------------------
                                          > | edit window |
                                          > | |
                                          > | |
                                          > | |
                                          > -----------------------
                                          > | | |
                                          > | matches | gloss |
                                          > -----------------------
                                          >
                                          > all docked.

                                          I also have that sometimes, but if you undock them, close them and
                                          reopen them and redock them, they tend to go back to their default
                                          positions.

                                          Samuel
                                        • Samuel Murray
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Jul 3 1:16 AM
                                            Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:

                                            >> When a docked "frame" ? is undocked and dismissed it silently disepears
                                            >> and I can't seem to find how to put it back on the screen...
                                            >
                                            > Definitely a bug, are you sure undocked and closed windows don't
                                            > reappear. May anyone confirm it happnes?

                                            No, on my computer it appears as a tab at the bottom of the screen
                                            (although I would have preferred tabs at the top... on Windows GUIs tabs
                                            are usually at the top, not the bottom... dunno about Linux or Mac).

                                            Samuel
                                          • Samuel Murray
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Jul 3 1:26 AM
                                              Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:

                                              > If they don't fix those bugs in timely manner, I'll try FlexDoc
                                              > http://flexdock.dev.java.net/

                                              Wow... really nice... would it be necessary to add all 4 MB to it, or
                                              can you select just a selection of the code for your chosen variety of
                                              docking?

                                              Samuel
                                            • Maxym Mykhalchuk
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Jul 3 1:39 AM
                                                Samuel,

                                                I don't get it.
                                                May you please attach a screenshot?

                                                Maxym

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Jul 3 2:05 AM
                                                  Hi Samuel,

                                                  FlexDoc itself is only 450k, but unfortunately it has bugs too :-(

                                                  There's another docking framework:
                                                  http://www.vlsolutions.com/en/products/docking/, also dual-licensed as
                                                  InfoNode's, which is 300k. I think I'll try VLSolutions first

                                                  Maxym

                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Jul 3 2:32 AM
                                                    Maxym Mykhalchuk wrote:

                                                    > I don't get it.
                                                    > May you please attach a screenshot?

                                                    Well, on my WXPSP4 box with j2sdk1.4.2_10, there aren't any "undock"
                                                    buttons on the frames (!!), but the frame titles look just fine. I'll
                                                    try to remember to send you a screenshot of what it looks like on my W2K
                                                    box at home.

                                                    Sameul
                                                  • Dmitri Gabinski
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jul 3 10:53 PM
                                                      Hi!

                                                      I've got a problem with RC 11: I can't insert a match or replace the
                                                      target with a match neither by Ctrl+I and Ctrl+R nor by respective menu
                                                      items. Can anyone confirm?

                                                      Best regards,

                                                      Dmitri Gabinski

                                                      P.S. Windows XP/JRE 1.5.0_06
                                                    • Dmitri Gabinski
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jul 3 10:56 PM
                                                        Forgot to say that I experience this both with the compiled build and with
                                                        my own build from source. And all other shortcuts (including mine) and
                                                        menus arer OK.

                                                        Best regards,

                                                        Dmitri Gabinski
                                                      • ziemia123
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Jul 3 11:40 PM
                                                          --- In OmegaT@yahoogroups.com, Dmitri Gabinski <gdkbnx@...> wrote:

                                                          > I've got a problem with RC 11: I can't insert a match or replace the
                                                          > target with a match neither by Ctrl+I and Ctrl+R nor by respective menu
                                                          > items. Can anyone confirm?

                                                          The same here.

                                                          Windows XP/JRE 1.4.2_05
                                                          and
                                                          Mandriva Linux 2006/JRE 1.5.0_06

                                                          Kind regards,
                                                          Leo
                                                        • Maxym Mykhalchuk
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Jul 4 12:42 AM
                                                            Yes, it doesn't work. Fixing now...
                                                            http://sf.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1516807

                                                            Maxym

                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Jul 4 1:53 AM
                                                              Hi Henry,

                                                              I think I've fixed it. Try updating 'nbproject' from CVS again or wait
                                                              till I roll out RC11a (in a few minutes)