Re: [OmT] Error alert, project won't update translation memory

  • Elisabeth L
    Message 1 of 21 , May 10 1:59 AM
      Oh, I'll try that, although it's not such a big project, do I need to delete also files in the rest of the projects?
      Thank you

      --- In OmegaT@yahoogroups.com, Kos Ivantsov <k_ivantsov@...> wrote:

      > Hi Elisabeth,
      > I don't know if my suggestion would be applicable, but I would
      > recommend working with fewer source files at a time thus reducing the
      > amount of memory required for the project. That has been my strategy
      > for real big projects, and maybe it would help you too.
      > --
      > Kos
      > http://libretraduko.wordpress.com
      >

      > > This looks like a discussion we've had here:
      > > https://sourceforge.net/p/omegat/bugs/279/
      > >
      > > Maybe you do not have enough memory for this project.
      > >
      > > Have you tried modifying the minimum memory allotment in your settings ?
      > >
      > > Jean-Christophe
      > >
      > > On May 10, 2013, at 4:34 PM, Elisabeth L <elisabethlopesmorais@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > Hi everyone
      > > > I'm becoming really frustrated with one of my OmegaT projects. It's from
      > > > Spanish to Italian, and recently I've been getting this error message
      > > > whenever the projct tries to autosave or when I do it manually (sorry, I
      > > > don't know its equivalence in English):
      > > >
      > > > ¡Error al guardar el archivo del proyecto!
      > > > com.sun.xml.stream.XMLStreamException2: java.io.IOException: Cuota
      > > > insuficiente para procesar este comando
      > > >
      > > > This problem means that the project allows me to build the target texts
      > > > in the target folder, but it doesn't store the new translation units in
      > > > the "project_save.tmx" file. The thing is it doesn't even generate a
      > > > "project_save.tmx" in the omegat folder, but only a
      > > > "project_save.tmx.new" that has 0 KB.
      > > > I've deleted and re-created this project like three times, only re-using
      > > > the glossary and the tmx file, but I always get the same error, so I
      > > > suspect it must be something related to the original tmx file (but I
      > > > haven't found any free ressource to validate or fix it)
      > > >
      > > > Any clue on why this is happening?

    • Elisabeth L
      Message 2 of 21 , May 10 2:01 AM
        --- In OmegaT@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@...> wrote:

        > Elisabeth,
        >
        > This looks like a discussion we've had here:
        > https://sourceforge.net/p/omegat/bugs/279/
        >
        > Maybe you do not have enough memory for this project.
        >
        > Have you tried modifying the minimum memory allotment in your settings ?
        >
        > Jean-Christophe

        Hi Jean-Christophe, thank you for you answer, how can I modify these settings?
      • Kos Ivantsov
        Message 3 of 21 , May 10 2:14 AM
          Message 4 of 21 , May 10 2:16 AM
            Message 5 of 21 , May 15 1:34 AM
              Ok, so this is what I've done, I've opened the OmegaT.I4J.ini file and I've modified this
              # Memory
              -Xmx512M

              to this

              # Memory
              -Xmx1024M

              Then I've tried to save the file but it won't let me, I get the message that T don't have permission to do it, grrrrrr.

              I need help, why is this happening only in one of my projects????

              Message 6 of 21 , May 15 1:58 AM
                > Ok, so this is what I've done, I've opened the OmegaT.I4J.ini file and I've modified this
                > # Memory
                > -Xmx512M
                >
                > to this
                >
                > # Memory
                > -Xmx1024M
                >
                > Then I've tried to save the file but it won't let me, I get the message that T don't have permission to do it, grrrrrr.
                >
                > I need help, why is this happening only in one of my projects????
                You can read here: http://www.omegat.org/en/howtos/google_translate.html
                It doesn't deal with setting the amount of memory, but there are
                instructions how to edit OmegaT.I4J.ini.

                In short here's what you do:
                1. Copy OmegaT.I4J.ini from your OmegaT installation folder
                (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\OmegaT) to your Desktop or My Documents
                folder (anywhere where you can save).
                2. Edit your newly copied OmegaT.I4J.ini as needed and save it in its
                new location.
                3. Move it back to its original location (it will require
                administrative privileges, and the system will most likely prompt you
                for the password).

                Message 7 of 21 , May 15 2:02 AM

                  Save somewhere else (e.g., on the desktop), and then move back the file to the right location.

                  > I need help, why is this happening only in one of my projects????

                  We cannot guess without details.

                  Didier
                • Elisabeth L
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 15 8:07 AM
                    Is it possible to send a copy of my project file so you can see where the problem is?

                    > > Ok, so this is what I've done, I've opened the OmegaT.I4J.ini file and I've
                    > > modified this # Memory -Xmx512M
                    > >
                    > > to this
                    > >
                    > > # Memory
                    > > -Xmx1024M
                    > >
                    > > Then I've tried to save the file but it won't let me, I get the message that T
                    > > don't have permission to do it, grrrrrr.
                    >
                    > Save somewhere else (e.g., on the desktop), and then move back the file to the right location.
                    >
                    > > I need help, why is this happening only in one of my projects????
                    >
                    > We cannot guess without details.
                    >
                    > Didier

                  • Elisabeth L
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 15 8:08 AM
                      By the way, I tried to save the file somewhere else, then relocate it to the original floder, but to no avail, still having permission issues.

                      Message 10 of 21 , May 15 8:23 AM

                        Are you logged in as an administrator?

                        Didier
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 15 8:30 AM

                          Yes, supposing the problem comes from the project, and not from your local configuration.

                          I send you a private email.

                          Didier
                        • Elisabeth L
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 16 1:31 AM
                            No, the problem is that I'm at work and I don't have permission in this computer...

                            > > By the way, I tried to save the file somewhere else, then relocate it to the
                            > > original floder, but to no avail, still having permission issues.
                            >
                            > Are you logged in as an administrator?
                            >
                            > Didier

                          • Kos Ivantsov
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 16 1:35 AM
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 16 1:56 AM

                                Yes, install OmegaT in My Documents, and don't be bothered again with those permissions.

                                Didier
                              • Elisabeth L
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 23 12:19 AM
                                  Well, here's an update:

                                  Following Didier's tip I reinstalled OmegaT in the My Documents folder, as this is my work computer and I don't have permission to modify files located in the main drive. I did so, I modified the OmegaT.I4J.ini file to increase memory allotment to 1024M and it's working now! I don't understand why I am having this trouble with just one of my projects (I have bigger ones that haven't given me this memory allotment problem) but the important thing is that it's solved now.

                                  Thank you Didier and everyone who has answered, your help is really valuable to help us understand this program better.

                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 23 12:43 AM

                                    For the record, this is a useful tip when working on "over-secured" Windows computers. Instead of using the default c:\Program Files, etc., you can install OmegaT anywhere (even on a USB pen if all local disks are "locked"), and this will solve the issues like not being able to edit OmegaT.I4J.ini directly, etc.

                                    >I did so, I modified the OmegaT.I4J.ini file to increase
                                    > memory allotment to 1024M and it's working now!

                                    Thank you for the feedback.

                                    So it was a memory issue after all.

                                    >I don't understand why I
                                    > am having this trouble with just one of my projects (I have bigger ones that
                                    > haven't given me this memory allotment problem)

                                    XML parsing is a complex thing, so it's hard to guess.

                                    >but the important thing is
                                    > that it's solved now.

                                    Yes.

                                    Didier
                                  • Elisabeth L
                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 24 2:39 AM
                                      Ok, I think I have spoken too son. Yesterday I didn't have any trouble, but today I've been getting the same problem, even though I have increased the memory allotment to 2048M. What can I do now???? :-(

                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 24 4:30 AM

                                        I cannot reproduce your issue, and it's the first time we've seen this message.

                                        Have you tried both OmegaT without Java, and OmegaT with Java included?

                                        Install each time in a separate folder.

                                        Didier