Strip tags from match command/shortcut?

  • Piotr
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2013
      Is there one? Could be handy when I get a match with tags, but there are no
      tags in the original.

      Piotr

    • Kos Ivantsov
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2013

        http://wp.me/p3fHEs-35

        --
        Kos
        http://libretraduko.wordpress.com
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2013
          On May 1, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Piotr <piotrbienkowski@...> wrote:

          > Is there one? Could be handy when I get a match with tags, but there are no
          > tags in the original.

          That's a requested feature already:
          https://sourceforge.net/p/omegat/feature-requests/208/

          I think it was discussed recently on one of the lists recently too.

          Jean-Christophe Helary
          fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
          work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)
          tweets: http://twitter.com/brandelune
          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2013

            IMHO, it would be more efficient to simply insert the match without the tags (and more generally, to adapt the tags to the source segment as much as possible).

            Didier
          • Piotr
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2013
              And that is my question. Is there a command to insert the match without
              tags?

              Message 6 of 8 , May 1, 2013

                No.

                My answer meant that a specific command shouldn't be needed.
                OmegaT could see that the source segment has no tags and then remove them from the match.

                Didier
              • Piotr
                Message 7 of 8 , May 1, 2013
                  I agree. The smarter the better, but only to a certain extent. Some other
                  tools try to outsmart the user.

                  Regards,

                  Piotr

                  On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM, Didier Briel <d.briel@...> wrote:

                  > **

                • Kos Ivantsov
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 1, 2013
                    On Wed, 1 May 2013 20:47:02 +0200
                    Piotr <piotrbienkowski@...> wrote:

                    > I agree. The smarter the better, but only to a certain extent. Some other
                    > tools try to outsmart the user.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    >
                    > Piotr
                    Hi, Piotr
                    Did you try the external solution I linked to earlier?
                    If you're using Windows, you can get Autoit
                    http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/ and use this script:
                    -->
                    #Include <Array.au3>
                    HotKeySet("^@", "StripTags")
                    while True
                    sleep(1000)
                    WEnd
                    func StripTags()
                    local $str, $fileopen
                    if winactive("OmegaT", "") then
                    send("^a")
                    send("^+c")
                    sleep(100)
                    $fileopen = fileopen("selection.txt",128)
                    $str=fileread($fileopen)
                    fileclose($fileopen)
                    $str=stringregexpreplace($str,"</?[a-z]{0,3}[0-9]{0,5}/?>","")
                    send("^a")
                    clipput($str)
                    send("^v")
                    EndIf
                    endfunc
                    <--
                    Insert the match (or the source, or anything else with or without
                    tags), run the script, get your text back tags-free. It registers Ctrl+@
                    as a shortcut for itself and strips text only in OmegaT.

                    Once OmegaT is smart enough to do it natively, dump the script.