Re: [OmT] Help

  • kaz masuda
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
      Hello,

      Thank you for your support.

      I have gone through the link below.

      > See Didier's reply to a similar situation here:

      Then I tried one of them as follows.

      - Create a new project.
      - Copy all the folders (omegat, source, target, etc.) from the old project into the new project.

      Didier

      However, it does not work with the same error message.

      Thanks anyway.

      kaz masuda

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013

        I'm wondering what people can do to get to that situation.
        (I.e., how could we reproduce that?)

        I don't remember having it happening to me.

        Didier
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013

          Can you try the other method?

          Didier
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013

            Use 1., and put it in /omegat of the new project.

            > --- In OmegaT@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Christophe Helary
            > <jean.christophe.helary@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > The project file used to be opened without an error.
            > >
            > > Sorry, I had missed the fact that the error was on the omegat.project file.
            > >
            > > Create a new project and put the new file and the old TMX and try to open
            > it again.

            Didier
          • Masako Sato
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
              最新のOmegaTをインストールして、新しいプロジェクトを作ってみても、開きませんか。開くようなら、Sourceから一つずつファイルを加えていって様子を見てください。

              Masako Sato

              On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM, Didier Briel <d.briel@...> wrote:

> [...]

              http://youtu.be/x73nPX-06X8

            • kaz masuda
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
                Hello Didier,

                Thank you for the support as below.

                > Use 1., and put it in /omegat of the new project.
                > > 1. project_save.tmx in the omegat folder.

                Ye, it worked.
                The new project file can be opened without a error.
                It allow me to work on it with a target file.
                Thank you.

                Let me know just one thing about the previous matter.
                The old project file has not been opened yet.
                It may not be try to fixed the error but the bunch of files both in the source and target folder should be rescued and used in the new project file.
                It would be OK to copy them into the same directly in the new project file?

                Thank you for your further support.

                kaz masuda

                > > I've just puzzled which .tmx files you are talking about.
                > > There are mainly two txm file as follows.
                > >
                > > 1. project_save.tmx in the omegat folder.
                > > 2. project name-level1.tmx, project name-level2.tmx and project name-
                > > omegat.tmx files in first directly of the project file.
                > >
                > > Could you let me know about it.
                >
                > Use 1., and put it in /omegat of the new project.
                >

                > > --- In OmegaT@yahoogroups.com, Jean-Christophe Helary

                > > > Sorry, I had missed the fact that the error was on the omegat.project file.
                > > >
                > > > Create a new project and put the new file and the old TMX and try to open
                > > it again.
                > > >

                > Didier

              • kaz masuda
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
                  Hello Masako,

                  Thank you for a reply.
                  However, I can't read it as you can see the below.
                  Thanks to all, the main concern of mine has been solved.
                  Thanks to you too.

                  kaz masuda

                  --- In OmegaT@yahoogroups.com, Masako Sato <msatojp@...> wrote:

                  > æœ新のOmegaTã‚'インストã�ルして、新しいプロジェクトã‚'作ってみてもã�–‹ãã¾ã›ã‚"かã‚開くよã�ªã‚‰ãSourceからä¸つずつファイルã‚'加えてã�£ã¦æ§˜å­ã‚'見てくださいã€
                  >
                  > Masako Sato

                • Masako Sato
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
                    OH, my! I should check my setting.
                    I see your problem's solved already. I just wrote to download/install
                    the latest OmegaT, create a new project, then put source files one by
                    one and see if it works.

                    Masako Sato
                  • astroscorpio
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
                      Hello Masako,
                      Thank you for your kind support.
                      Yes, the issue has been solved, thanks to you all.
                      The OmegaT is available basically two different version.
                      Mine is Java 2.5.5 version so that it may be updated automatically when it is ready.
                      Thanks and regards,
                      kaz masuda

                      OH, my! I should check my setting.
                      I see your problem's solved already. I just wrote to download/install
                      the latest OmegaT, create a new project, then put source files one by
                      one and see if it works.

                      Masako Sato

                    • HOGG Maynard
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
                        On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM, kaz masuda <astroscorpio@...> wrote:
                        > http://vedicremedy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Error_Message_04112013.png

                        The Japanese error message says "Unexpected EOF encountered at line 1 column 1."

                        That suggests to me that the project file is empty.
                      • kaz masuda
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 11, 2013
                          Hello maynard,

                          Thank you for your support.

                          > That suggests to me that the project file is empty.

                          Thanks to you all. The issue has been solved today.

                          Thanks and regards,

                          kaz masuda

                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 12, 2013

                            The most recent standard version is 2.6.3. Version 2.5.5 is obsolete.

                            >so that it may be updated automatically when it is
                            > ready.

                            If your version is a normal "desktop" version, it won't update itself automatically.
                            If you want your version to update automatically, you have to use the Java WebStart version.
                            You can read about it here:
                            http://www.omegat.org/en/dl_overview.php

                            Didier
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 12, 2013

                              Fine.

                              > Let me know just one thing about the previous matter.
                              > The old project file has not been opened yet.
                              > It may not be try to fixed the error but the bunch of files both in the source
                              > and target folder should be rescued and used in the new project file.
                              > It would be OK to copy them into the same directly in the new project file?

                              Yes.

                              But, normally, you do not need to copy the content of the /target folder. All source files in it will be overwritten each time you use Create Translated Documents in your project.

                              Didier
                            • kaz masuda
                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 12, 2013
                                Hello Didier,