Re: Two issues about Team Project

  • Kos Ivantsov
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013

      > 2)
      > I'm �"ranslating with the item [Options]-[Editing Behaviour...]
      > -[Allow translation to be equal to source] checked because this
      > setting counts untranslated segments correctly.
      > But some members have this item unchecked, and when they open
      > a team project, all the segments having identical source and
      > target text are deleted from the internal TM.
      > This item has no project specific option.
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > // Yu Tang

      I am working on a project with the exactly same situation. My "workaround" was asking other team members to change the settings and patiently waiting for them to do so. Have no idea how to do that programmatically. I guess, having some of those options made into project properties (and possibly, moved out of Editing Behaviour) would be a good solution to such situations.

      Kos
    • yu_tang@rocketmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 18, 2013
        Hi Kos,

        Glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this problem.
        Project properties is a good place to override personal settings.
        I shall use your "workaround" until new project property is implemented. :)
        Thank you!

        // Yu Tang

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 26, 2013

          If your team members are under Windows, OmegaT sources contain a small "deployment" utility which can help you do that (OmegaT config.bat). Basically, you create an .exe that will copy your configuration files at the right place.

          >Have no idea how to do that
          > programmatically. I guess, having some of those options made into project
          > properties (and possibly, moved out of Editing Behaviour) would be a good
          > solution to such situations.

          We've been talking since quite some time now of a "generic" system that would allow to specify all (or nearly all) options either globally or per project.

          We'll probably have it one day.
          So far, unfortunately, we always had more "urgent" things to do.

          Didier

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 26, 2013

            If nothing has changed at all, then perhaps OmegaT shouldn't write project_save.tmx.

            You could write an RFE for that.
            As usual, with no guaranty that it would be implemented.
            On the other hand, if you don't write the RFE, it's much more likely that it will not be implemented.

            Didier
          • yu_tang@rocketmail.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 29, 2013
              > > If team members are using different versions of OmegaT, every time they
              > > open a team project, it causes a commitment without change.
              > > I get a diff from revisions and find that only the version in the header of
              > > omegat/project_save.tmx has been changed.
              > > Therefore, when a team member just opens a team project, revisions are
              > > stack up with no practical purposes.
              > > I know that if we all use the same OmT version there is no problem.
              > > But some prefer the stable standard version and others prefer the latest
              > > development version. Incidentally, I like the trunk version.
              > > I don't wanna push my taste to all.
              > > So how do we prevent this problem?
              >
              > If nothing has changed at all, then perhaps OmegaT shouldn't write project_save.tmx.
              >
              > You could write an RFE for that.
              > As usual, with no guaranty that it would be implemented.
              > On the other hand, if you don't write the RFE, it's much more likely that it will not be implemented.
              >
              > Didier

              Thank you, Didier.
              I'm not sure about writing RFE.
              Seems I am the only one that have the first problem for now.
              But Team project is still new for us, so wait and see a little more.

              // Yu Tang