shortcuts for glossary entries

  • Dimitry Prihodko
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hi all!

      Got a question - are there any subj? or is there a possibility to create
      subj?

      Regards,
      Dimitry
    • Samuel Murray
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
        On 2012/10/01 11:35 AM, Dimitry Prihodko wrote:

        > Got a question - are there any subj? or is there a possibility to create
        > subj?

        What is a "subj"?

        Samuel
      • Dimitry Prihodko
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
          subj is SUBJECT of the email, i.t. "shortcuts for glossary"

          On 01.10.2012 14:27, Samuel Murray wrote:

          > On 2012/10/01 11:35 AM, Dimitry Prihodko wrote:
          >
          > > Got a question - are there any subj? or is there a possibility to create
          > > subj?
          >
          > What is a "subj"?
          >
          > Samuel

        • Martin Brüggemeier
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
            Am 01.10.2012 12:37, schrieb Dimitry Prihodko:
            > subj is SUBJECT of the email, i.t. "shortcuts for glossary"

            What email?

            --
            Martin Brüggemeier
            Diplom-Übersetzer/Translator (EN <> DE, ES < DE)
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
              okay guys, forget it! :-)

              On 01.10.2012 15:41, Martin Brüggemeier wrote:

              > Am 01.10.2012 12:37, schrieb Dimitry Prihodko:
              > > subj is SUBJECT of the email, i.t. "shortcuts for glossary"
              > >
              > What email?
              >
              > --
              > Martin Brüggemeier
              > Diplom-Übersetzer/Translator (EN <> DE, ES < DE)
              > Josefstr. 27, D-48683 Ahaus
              > Tel.: +49 (0) 2561 7559073
              > Fax: +49 (0) 2561 7559074
              > Mobil: +49 (0) 1578 7559075

            • Samuel Murray
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
                On 2012/10/01 01:41 PM, Martin Brüggemeier wrote:

                > Am 01.10.2012 12:37, schrieb Dimitry Prihodko:

                >> subj is SUBJECT of the email, i.t. "shortcuts for glossary"

                > What email?

                He means the subject of his e-mail to the list. In other words, he does
                not want to repeat what he wrote in the subject line, so he simply
                refers to it in his e-mail. I have seen this convention before (even
                clients do it), although I find it confusing myself. Anyway, now that
                we know what he means, we can answer his question:

                "Are there any shortcuts for the glossary? Or is there a possibility to
                create shortcuts for the glossary?"

                Does anyone have an answer? I think the answer to #1 is "no" (it has
                been requested many times but the developers are happy with the current
                mouse-based methods). As for #2, I'm not sure if it is possible to
                create shortcuts for it yourself either, because it is not a shortcut
                for a function but for a piece of data.

                Samuel
              • Marc Prior
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
                  > I think the answer to #1 is "no" (it has been requested many times but the developers are happy with the current mouse-based methods).

                  Or sufficiently happy not to think that it's worth the programming
                  effort. Equally, the users happy with the current mouse-based methods =
                  sufficiently happy not to consider paying for programming of the shortcuts.

                  Marc

                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012

                    That's not how it works.
                    It's like when you were writing the developers were not interested in multiple translations.

                    As a user, there are plenty of things I'd like to have in OmegaT, but there are priorities to manage.

                    Didier
                  • Samuel Murray
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 1, 2012
                      On 2012/10/01 02:39 PM, Didier Briel wrote:

                      > From: Samuel Murray

                      >> Does anyone have an answer? I think the answer to #1 is "no" (it has been
                      >> requested many times but the developers are happy with the current
                      >> mouse-based methods).

                      > That's not how it works.

                      I apologise for saying the wrong thing.

                      Let me rephrase: no, you can't do it [yet].

                      When you ask your next quesion, namely "when will I be able to do it",
                      I'll answer it in the reply following it, but I won't answer it now
                      because I might create the wrong impression.

                      I hope this information was helpful.

                      Samuel