RE: [OmT] Re: Rainbow/Okapi procedures for Visio files?

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 8, 2012

      Why not submit this filter for inclusion in the official version of OmegaT?

      Didier
    • HOGG Maynard
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 13, 2012
        On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:42 PM, fujinxtman <ph.hall@...> wrote:
        > Problem is you still need Visio to convert the VSD files into VDX and then
        > to touch up the files afterwards (such as changing the font to the right type and making adjustments to position of stuff due to differences in text lengths)

        This last bit is old news in J-E translations of MS Excel files,
        PowerPoint files, and even MS Word files with text boxes. Japanese
        engineers sure love text boxes! Saves them the trouble of using style
        sheets.
      • fujinxtman
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 21, 2012
          Sorry for the late reply. My company had a long vacation and I was cleaning up the filter.

          I have uploaded the filter files that I made for Visio vdx files to the files section in this group.

          This filter works with Visio vdx files made by Visio 2003. I do not have any other versions of Visio so I could not test it on other versions of Visio.

          There is a rare problem in opening vdx files in OmegaT that have certain embedded pictures. Generally, embedded pictures are not a problem and I am not sure why these pictures are a problem. I just delete the pictures in Visio and the file opens just fine in OmegaT.

          I hope this filter proves useful.

          Phillip