Re: [OmT] Making glossary from scratch

  • Will Helton
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 29, 2012
      I tried doing this and although I explicitly named an existing glossary file, it still continued to write new entries into a default file named after the project itself.

      Perhaps I have misunderstood something here.

      Thanks,

      Will

      On 28 Feb 2012, at 14:47, Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

      > On Feb 28, 2012, at 11:34 PM, Didier Briel wrote:
      >
      >>> have the option of either letting the system create a new glossary and then adding to it (as it does now) or letting you select an existing glossary file of your own choosing (a simple navigation button) and working from there.
      >>
      >> And then, if you change your mind, how do you tell OmegaT you want another file?
      >
      > Open omegat.project in a text editor and change the file name there :)
      >
      > Jean-Christophe Helary
      > fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
      > work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)
      > tweets: http://twitter.com/brandelune
      >

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > The OmegaT Project Philosophy:
      > http://www.omegat.org/en/philosophy.html
      > The OmegaT Project and You:
      > http://www.omegat.org/en/involved.html
      >
      > OmegaT contributors should join the "omegat-development" group
      > OmegaT localizers should join the "omegat-l10n" group
      > http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=68187
      >
      > IRC channel: http://java.freenode.net//index.php?channel=omegat
      > or: irc://irc.freenode.net/omegat
      > Bug reports, feature requests, OmegaT test versions etc...:
      > http://sourceforge.net/projects/omegat/

    • Marc Prior
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 29, 2012
        > I tried doing this and although I explicitly named an existing glossary file, it still continued to write new entries into a default file named after the project itself.

        I think JC was talking about a hypothetical situation in which the name
        of the glossary file would be stored in omegat.project but there would
        be no function/dialog within OmegaT for changing it.

        At present, the name of the glossary file is not stored in
        omegat.project. What you probably changed was the /glossary folder. This
        is the location for <project>-glossary.txt, but you can't change the
        name of <project>-glossary.txt, nor can you change its location other
        than by changing the location of /glossary. At least, as far as I'm aware...

        Marc