HELP: installing Tokenizer(s) for OmegaT 2.3.0

  • michele_omegat
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
      Hi everyone,
      I need some help as I'm trying to install the infamous tokenizer for OmegaT 2.3.0 running on a MacOs X 10.6.8.

      1. I have downloaded the Tokenizer zip package from the link I just mentioned above, and what I got is a folder with 5 files .jar and a couple of .txt.

      2. There so called "main OmegaT program folder" where I am supposed to find the OmegaT.jar and a folder called "Plugins" does NOT contain any .jar files. There's only an OmegaT.app file and some folder containing dictionaries for the spellcheck.

      3. At point #4 they suggest to "Open your launch script file in a text editor." -what's the launch script file? They say "The launch file script contains the OmegaT launch command. The basic form of this command is: java -jar OmegaT.jar" -gotcha, but there's no .jar in the main OmegaT program folder. Are they referring to the OmegaT-Tokenizer folder I just downloaded where lots of .jar files can be found? If so, there's no way for me to open them with TextEdit.

      Any suggestion?

      Thank you guys so much for your help!

      Michele
    • Will Helton
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
        Hi Michele,

        I'm a Mac user, too, so here's what I've done:

        1. Go to your OmegaT 2.3.0.app and right click on it and select "Show Package Contents"

        2. In the Contents directory you'll see an Info.plist file. Open this with your preferred editor and just under VMOptions add your language pair. Here is part of my Info.plist file:

        <key>VMOptions</key>
        <string>-Xmx1024M</string>

        <key>Arguments</key>
        <array>
        <string>--ITokenizer=org.omegat.plugins.tokenizer.LuceneGermanTokenizer</string>

        <string>--ITokenizerTarget=org.omegat.plugins.tokenizer.SnowballEnglishTokenizer</string>
        </array>

        3. Now move on over to Resources > Java and you'll see your plugins directory (if you don't, just create one) and drop in your OmegaT tokenizer directory that you unzipped. Mine reads: OmegaT-tokenizers_0.4_2-2.1 and contains the following files:
        lucene-analyzers-2.9.0.jar
        lucene-core-2.9.0.jar
        lucene-smartcn-2.9.0.jar
        lucene-snowball-2.9.0.jar
        OmegaT-tokenizers.jar
        README.txt

        and a couple of other files I didn't get rid of when I updated this, but they're not important.

        Hopefully, when you restart OmegaT an start using it, your tokenizer should work.

        Hope that helps,

        Will

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
          >I need some help as I'm trying to install the infamous tokenizer for OmegaT
          2.3.0 running on a MacOs X 10.6.8.

          >I tried to read both the famous thread #17935
          (http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/message/17935) and the
          instructions released by OmegaT itself
          (http://www.omegat.org/en/howtos/tokenizer.php), but neither nor seem to
          work.

          >1. I have downloaded the Tokenizer zip package from the link I just
          mentioned above, and what I got is a folder with 5 files .jar and a couple
          of .txt.

          >2. There so called "main OmegaT program folder" where I am supposed to find
          the OmegaT.jar and a folder called "Plugins" does NOT contain any .jar
          files. There's only an OmegaT.app file

          On a Mac, OmegaT.app is the "main OmegaT program folder" itself. It can be
          opened.

          >3. At point #4 they suggest to "Open your launch script file in a text
          editor." -what's the launch script file? They say "The launch file script
          contains the OmegaT launch command. The basic form of this command is:
          java -jar OmegaT.jar" -gotcha, but there's no .jar in the main OmegaT
          program folder.

          On a Mac, the "launch script" is info.plist, inside OmegaT.app.

          See
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/message/17935

          Didier
        • Michele Mannoni
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
            On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Didier Briel <d.briel@...> wrote:

            > **

            * Gotcha: I installed everything and the tokenizer works wonderfully! What
            I didnt get was that i had to right click the OmegaT.app to see its
            content. I know :s that's supposed to be the easiest part.

            Thanx for your help,
            Michele

            > >3. At point #4 they suggest to "Open your launch script file in a text
            > editor." -what's the launch script file? They say "The launch file script
            > contains the OmegaT launch command. The basic form of this command is:
            > java -jar OmegaT.jar" -gotcha, but there's no .jar in the main OmegaT
            > program folder.
            >
            > On a Mac, the "launch script" is info.plist, inside OmegaT.app.
            >
            > See
            > http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/OmegaT/message/17935
            >
            > Didier

          • Marc Prior
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
              It's the fact that the HowTo doesn't (yet) cover Mac.

              Marc

              On 02/01/2012 04:27 PM, Michele Mannoni wrote:
              > On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM, Didier Briel<d.briel@...> wrote:
              >
              >> **

            • Will Helton
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
                Marc,

                I still owe you that AppleScript "macro" for levelling the tags in .docx files. :(

                Will

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
                  Will,
                  I am trying everything as soon as i get to have a more convenient layout
                  and segmentation in Chinese texts :S Look at the snapshot attached i just
                  took :/ i am sure i am not the first OmegaT user needing to translate from
                  Chinese...

                  Wish you the best,

                  Mike

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 1, 2012
                    Hi Mike,

                    You'll need to log into the Yahoo groups page and upload that picture. By default, images are stripped from mails sent to the forum.

                    Hope that helps,

                    Will

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 2, 2012