Could not read project file!

  • Tasnim Q
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi,

      I'd appreciate any help with this problem with OmegaT 2.3 0_3. I've had no problems with OmegaT  on Windows 7, but on Windows Vista, when attempting to open a project, I got the following error:

      Kunde inte läsa projekt fil!

      java.io.IOException: Ingen giltig XML-fil!
      Kan inte starta läsning av XML-fil!

      (Roughly translated from Swedish):

      Could not read project file!

      java.io.IOException: No legitimate XML file!
      Could not begin reading XML file!

      Thanks in advance!

    • smo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2012
        A shot in the dark: it could have something to do with the user rights under Vista (which are more stringent than they are under W7). Move the whole project to a different place in your system and try again.

        Regards

        smo

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
          >I'd appreciate any help with this problem with OmegaT 2.3 0_3. I've had no
          problems with OmegaT on Windows 7, but on Windows Vista, when attempting to
          open a project, I got the following error:

          >Kunde inte läsa projekt fil!
          >
          >java.io.IOException: Ingen giltig XML-fil!
          >Kan inte starta läsning av XML-fil!
          >

          >(Roughly translated from Swedish):
          >

          >Could not read project file!
          >
          >java.io.IOException: No legitimate XML file!
          >Could not begin reading XML file!

          What happens if you create a new project?

          Didier
        • Tasnim Q
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
            Thanks for the replies.

            It works fine if I create a new project, or if I open any other project. It is just the one I am working on currently which will not open. I am continuing to translate in a separate project, but without the memories created it is slow going.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2012
                Thank you Didier! I copied omegat.project and that solved my problem :)