Re: [OmT] Foreign Accents

  • Marc Prior
    Message 1 of 32 , Oct 1, 2010
      > Get a Mac :)

      > You'd have a system wide character selection pane...

      Or on Linux, kcharselect or charmap.

      But you can just as easily create a text file containing characters that you need, toggle back to it and copy and paste a character when you need it (as I do).

      If you routinely need special characters because your target language requires them, it's better to find another solution that makes them more accessible, perhaps even using a different keyboard layout.

      Marc

      Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:
      > On 1 oct. 10, at 15:26, Valter Mura wrote:
      >

      >> Hi,
      >> in an ideal working environment, I wish to have a charselect pane inside OmT,
      >> like the other panes. Double click and the char is inserted. :-)
      >>

      > Get a Mac :)
      >
      > You'd have a system wide character selection pane from which you could double-click to insert stuff in OmegaT.
      >
      > Jean-Christophe Helary
      > fun: http://mac4translators.blogspot.com
      > work: http://www.doublet.jp (ja/en > fr)
      > tweets: http://twitter.com/brandelune
      >

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > The OmegaT Project Philosophy:
      > http://www.omegat.org/en/philosophy.html
      > The OmegaT Project and You:
      > http://www.omegat.org/en/involved.html
      >
      > OmegaT contributors should join the "omegat-development" group
      > OmegaT localizers should join the "omegat-l10n" group
      > http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=68187
      >
      > IRC channel: http://java.freenode.net//index.php?channel=omegat
      > or: irc://irc.freenode.net/omegat
      > Bug reports, feature requests, OmegaT test versions etc...:
      > http://sourceforge.net/projects/omegat/

    • Valter Mura
      Message 32 of 32 , Oct 1, 2010
        In data sabato 2 ottobre 2010 03:23:34, hai scritto:

        --megacut--

        > However, that is way OT for this forum. :) Check it out over at the ubuntu
        > forums or such.

        Yes, I agree. The purpose of my first message was to understand was to
        understand the possibility to "integrate" a light and quick editable char
        select pane in OmegaT.

        I asked that not because I'm not able to use the System char selection
        (currently I'm using Kcharselect in Kubuntu 10.04.1 / KDE SC 4.5.1), but only
        because I wanted to think from a normal user point of view, that's to say a
        computer newbie.
        I know several people that can translate quite well but they are not skilled
        in the use of OS/software. :-)

        Now many things are clearer.

        Ciao
        --