Re: [OmT] Program Window Menu items illegible

  • Josef Molnar
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 1, 2010
      Hello,

      I use Ubuntu 10.4 too and some menu items are illegible (invisible?) too.
      The menus of some other programs are illegible too. I solved it by changing
      the theme of the system. For example the new ubuntu uses the theme
      "Ambiance" and I took the "Human" theme and the menus are better to read. Or
      we (ubuntu users) have to change the color of the menu items that are the
      same color as the background.... (no idea how to do that ...)

      Josef

      2010/6/1 Matthew Patenaude <mnglfiddle@...>

      > [Operating System: Ubuntu 10.04]
      > Chinese localized system.
      >
      > I have a student who I am trying to train to use the OmegaT software. I
      > work
      > in Shanghai, China.
      >
      > He (and I both) use Ubuntu 10.04, and his computer is localized for
      > Chinese.
      > I work in Chinese on mine often, but maintain my system in English.
      >
      > On my machine, when I open OmegaT, the font in the menu items is fine, a
      > little blurred looking for a couple of the selections. As I can still use
      > the program, it has not bothered me. However, when he opens it on his
      > system, the Chinese fonts in the program window menu bar all appear
      > squashed
      > up, so that they look as though the characters have been squeezed into
      > about
      > a two-pixel width, and therefore they are illegible.
      >
      > This is the only program that has this issue on his system. Might anyone be
      > aware what is going on here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Matthew

    • Matthew Patenaude
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 23, 2010
        Unfortunately I have the same behavior regardless of which JRE I use: the
        included JRE, my installed Sun JRE, or OpenJDK. Other than that either
        system seems to run OmegaT just fine.