State of OmT l10n (was: OmegaT documentation - l10n versions)

  • Samuel Murray (Apeldoorn)
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 3 3:33 AM
      Vito Smolej wrote:

      > The issue is immaterial anyhow. With the exception of EN and SL not
      > one single localization of 1.8 exists in the current stable version.
      > To rub it in... FR: 1.4.4 (!!) DE: 1.4.5 (!) JP: 1.6.2 (!!)

      One can view statistics in several ways. Allow me to paint a more rosy
      picture. If you use the .properties files distributed with version
      2.0.1 and use it as TM for the English .properties file, you'll find
      that version 2.0.1 for most languages are very nearly complete.

      (Best viewed with monospace font)

      Language, % translated, # words left

      fr ..... 100 ..... 0
      eu ..... 98 ..... 30
      ja ..... 98 ..... 30
      sl ..... 98 ..... 30
      be ..... 92 ..... 197
      ca ..... 92 ..... 197
      cs ..... 92 ..... 192
      nl ..... 92 ..... 192
      pt ..... 92 ..... 197
      sh ..... 92 ..... 192
      sk ..... 92 ..... 197
      sq ..... 86 ..... 379
      ar ..... 85 ..... 384
      hu ..... 85 ..... 384
      ru ..... 85 ..... 384
      zh_CN .. 85 ..... 385
      uk ..... 84 ..... 438
      pl ..... 78 ..... 586
      pt_BR .. 78 ..... 593
      tr ..... 78 ..... 586
      zh_TW .. 78 ..... 586
      da ..... 64 ..... 972
      el ..... 62 ..... 1020
      it ..... 58 ..... 1137
      de ..... 54 ..... 1244
      eo ..... 43 ..... 1547
      es ..... 43 ..... 1547

      The above stats are based on the .properties files currently distributed
      with version 2.0.1 and may not include translations by translators who
      have not yet submitted their most recent translations.

      The stats were generated using the Translate Toolkit. No fuzzy matching
      was applied, so I suspect that some of the languages may actually have
      higher percentages of near-completion.

      Samuel