Re: [OmT] Sharing TM with other translators using OmegaT

  • Ahmet N Murati
    Message 1 of 33 , Oct 1, 2008
      Well, it that server should be installed some kind of TM management system. You can get more information related to you issue on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translation_memory especially this topic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translation_memory#Centralized_translation_memory.

      I think this would solve your issue.

      Me nderime,
      Best regards,

      Ahmet N Murati

      Message 33 of 33 , Oct 6, 2008
        --- In OmegaT@yahoogroups.com, Martin Wunderlich <martin_wu@...> wrote:

        > Hi Vito,
        >
        > What do you mean by greed and fear and on who's side?
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Martin

        Greed on the side of have-nots, climbing the pyramid, and fear on the
        side of haves, sitting on top of it. This is admittedly a pretty dark
        picture of the human nature, but supported by experience. Our veneer
        of civilized cooperative attitude is pretty thin in some places.

        Here's a hypothetical offer: I have 8000+ segments of prime quality
        D<>EN material. Is there anybody out there ready to swap for 8000+
        segments (same number of words within 10%) of his of her material?
        What kind? What quality?

        Sharing should be two-sided. If I am the only one "to share", it just
        means, I give it away, possibly together with the market I have access
        to. And that's where the fear kicks in.

        Alles Gute.

        Vito