Fwd: OT: More Astro Imaging tools for you!

  • Bill Keicher
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2006
      --- In DeepSkyImagerPro@yahoogroups.com, "Neil Fleming"
      <neilfleming@...> wrote:

      For those of us interested in learning about objects appropriate for
      imaging, I have compiled two more tools that will help out:

      1) SAC (Modified) Images Database

      This Excel spreadsheet has a list of over 10,000 objects from
      various
      catalogs. You can sort these objects by magnitude, constellation,
      RA,
      season, so as to locate objects of interest to you. You need to
      enable
      macros to have the automated sorting, but can certainly choose to
      disable
      macros if you don't need that feature.

      You see the object designation, type, constellation, magnitude,
      coordinates,
      (your) definition of `season' and `north', size, and notes.

      2) Abell Images Catalog

      This Excel spreadsheet contains the Abell catalogs of galaxy
      clusters, with
      over 5,500 entries. It includes the Northern, Southern, Overlap,
      and
      Supplementary Southern catalogs. You need to enable macros to have
      the
      automated sorting, but can certainly choose to disable macros if you
      don't
      need that feature.

      Again, you see the object and catalog, coordinates, `north'
      or `south'
      (defined by you), magnitude of the 10th brightest galaxy in that
      galaxy
      cluster, and notes, where available.

      Instructions on the retrieval of these databases are available here:
      http://www.flemingastrophotography.com/astrotools.html

      RegardsÂ…Neil

      --- End forwarded message ---