Re: [Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography] Re: E-330's sibling

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      Seems Olympus have signed an agreement with Panasonic to produce
      cameras. Also Sigma are getting into four thirds lenses in a big way,
      try this site (23 lenses by Olympus and Sigma:, plus one for Leica)

      http://www.4-3system.com/modules/lenses/

      The Sigma 55-200 mm is a fantastic price. The US price is half what it
      is in Australia. I'm hoping to pick one up this month.

      Peter

    • ccs_hello
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
        Bill,

        In Panny's Japan website,
        http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/index.html

        click on the flash movie window, a very cool presentation
        movie is shown.

        Of course, it's just a prototype.
        It seems to be not using Liveview mode A at all.
        But a strong indication that in Liveview mode B, it indeed can do AF
        as well.

        Beautiful flash presentation! I like it!

        May be it's a good time for us to come up with some (astro/daylight)
        ideas such that they (either panny or oly) can be considered in the
        final product :-)

        Cheers!

        ccs_hello

        --- In Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography@yahoogroups.com, "Bill
        Keicher" <wekeicher@...> wrote:

        > ccs,
        >
        > This is indeed interesting. Panasonic's first Four Thirds DSLR! It
        > also has the supersonic filter for dust elimination. This should
        > mean more Four Thirds lenses and accessories will soon be
        > available. There is also a review at:
        >
        > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022609panasonicdmcl1.asp
        >
        > The MOS sensor (same as the E-330) uses the Panasonic Maicovicon
        > technology. We'll have to check that out.
        >
        > Clear skies!
        >
        > Bill Keicher
      • Bill Keicher
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
          Peter,

          Nice site. I have the Sigma 55 to 200 mm zoom lens. It is a good
          lens for the price.

          Clear skies!

          Bill Keicher

          --- In Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography@yahoogroups.com, Peter
          <peter@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > > sentence the way you'd like to interpret, in this article:
          > > >

          >http://www.letsgodigital.org/html/review/panasonic/lumix_dmcl1/slr_c
          > >mer
          > > > a.html
          > > >
          > > > It may mean in Liveview mode B, both manual and auto focus are
          > >possible.
          > > >
          > > > If this is not the creative language trying to mix mode-A
          > >autofocus
          > > > with mode-B's MF only, then
          > > > this will be yet another world's first, i.e., using the main
          NMOS
          > > > sensor in Liveview (mode-B) to do contrast sharpness based AF,
          as
          > > > digicam folks are doing today.
          > > > Of course, I assume Liveview mode-A and the regular shooting
          will
          > >still
          > > > use the classic SLR's phase differential detection AF

          on

          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography-

          of Service

          --------------

        • Bill Keicher
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
            ccs,

            That DSLR looks pretty good. The image stabilized Leica lens is an
            indication of things to come.

            <ccshello@...> wrote:

            > Bill,
            >
            > In Panny's Japan website,
            > http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/index.html
            >
            > click on the flash movie window, a very cool presentation
            > movie is shown.
            >
            > Of course, it's just a prototype.
            > It seems to be not using Liveview mode A at all.
            > But a strong indication that in Liveview mode B, it indeed can do
            AF
            > as well.
            >
            > Beautiful flash presentation! I like it!
            >
            > May be it's a good time for us to come up with some
            (astro/daylight)
            > ideas such that they (either panny or oly) can be considered in
            the
            > final product :-)
            >
            > Cheers!
            >
            > ccs_hello
            >
            > --- In Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography@yahoogroups.com, "Bill
            > Keicher" <wekeicher@> wrote:
            > >
            > > ccs,
            > >
            > > This is indeed interesting. Panasonic's first Four Thirds DSLR!
            It
            > > also has the supersonic filter for dust elimination. This
            should
            > > mean more Four Thirds lenses and accessories will soon be
            > > available. There is also a review at:
            > >
            > > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022609panasonicdmcl1.asp
            > >
            > > The MOS sensor (same as the E-330) uses the Panasonic Maicovicon
            > > technology. We'll have to check that out.
            > >
            > > Clear skies!
            > >
            > > Bill Keicher

          • Peter
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006