"T Ring" Connecting E410 to Telescope

  • rob4x4@btinternet.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 16, 2012
      Hi very new to this form hoping to get tips on using my E410 with a Sky-Watcher 127mm telescope currently I am have difficulty finding the correct T Ring adapter to allow E410 to be used with the telescope any advice would be greatly appreciated Regards Rob
    • George Anderson
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 16, 2012
        Try:
        http://www.stellar-international.com/index1.html

        if u don't see it on the site, call Richard.

        I just got 2 real hard to find items from him for OM and 4:3 lenses/cameras.

        George

        ________________________________
        Hi very new to this form hoping to get tips on using my E410 with a Sky-Watcher 127mm telescope currently I am have difficulty finding the correct T Ring adapter to allow E410 to be used with the telescope any advice would be greatly appreciated Regards Rob

      • andysoup
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 16, 2012
          You can find very cheap adapters on ebay, look for "t2 to four thirds"
          If you cant find a 'real' t-ring you can get use an m42 to 4/3 adapter, it will not screw very tightly and it will focus a little further but it works.

          --- In Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography@yahoogroups.com, rob4x4@... wrote:

          > Hi very new to this form hoping to get tips on using my E410 with a Sky-Watcher 127mm telescope currently I am have difficulty finding the correct T Ring adapter to allow E410 to be used with the telescope any advice would be greatly appreciated Regards Rob

        • DarthPookie
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 26, 2012
            Look on amazon for the t-mount adapter ring.

            http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-T-Mount-Adapter-Olympus-Digital/dp/B000IMYK4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346024796&sr=8-1&keywords=olympus+t+ring

            if your scope does not already have the threads for the t-mount ring, you
            may need a separate t-adapter as well to insert into your focuser. I do
            not know your skywatcher, but my Vixen has the threads already in place.
            Most likely you can find a universal t-adapter that will work in all kinds
            of scopes.

            On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:20 AM, <rob4x4@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > Hi very new to this form hoping to get tips on using my E410 with a
            > Sky-Watcher 127mm telescope currently I am have difficulty finding the
            > correct T Ring adapter to allow E410 to be used with the telescope any
            > advice would be greatly appreciated Regards Rob

          • Gary Ahlers
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
              And if your scope does not have t threads, you can get a 1.25 nosepiece or
              better yet a 2" - t nosepiece here;
              http://agenaastro.com/parts-accessories/photography-ccd-imaging.html
              Regards, Gary

              On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM, DarthPookie <darthpookie27@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Look on amazon for the t-mount adapter ring.
              >

              > http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-T-Mount-Adapter-Olympus-Digital/dp/B000IMYK4W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346024796&sr=8-1&keywords=olympus+t+ring
              >
              > if your scope does not already have the threads for the t-mount ring, you
              > may need a separate t-adapter as well to insert into your focuser. I do
              > not know your skywatcher, but my Vixen has the threads already in place.
              > Most likely you can find a universal t-adapter that will work in all kinds
              > of scopes.
              >
              > On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:20 AM, <rob4x4@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Hi very new to this form hoping to get tips on using my E410 with a
              > > Sky-Watcher 127mm telescope currently I am have difficulty finding the
              > > correct T Ring adapter to allow E410 to be used with the telescope any
              > > advice would be greatly appreciated Regards Rob

            • Robert Jones
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
                Thanks
                Got one thanks now just trying to use it. Connected to 2x balow lens but was unable to focus or see any objects ether using the live view or viewfinder.
                Rob

                On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:20 AM, <mailto:rob4x4%40btinternet.com> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Hi very new to this form hoping to get tips on using my E410 with a
                > Sky-Watcher 127mm telescope currently I am have difficulty finding the
                > correct T Ring adapter to allow E410 to be used with the telescope any
                > advice would be greatly appreciated Regards Rob

              • andreas soup
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
                  Whad do you mean that you connect the t-ring to the barlow? Barlow in focuser and a nosepiese with the t-ring in the barlow? Can't you just screw the t-ring on the telescope? (if your focuser allows that - you may have to unscrew that little barrel that receives the eyepieces).
                  When you are out of focus and targeting the sky, its very unlikely that you will see anything but blackness, I would suggest you target the moon which is bright enough so you can see it even unfocused, and get used to where approximately your setup focuses, before targeting stars or dim objects.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 27, 2012
                    Second that. First understand that the most Skywatcher refractors are F8.3
                    and adding a 2x Barlow brings you to F16.6 - way too slow for seeing
                    anything in a viewfinder or Live View, it is tough enough at F5. One way
                    around this is to use a flip mirror. You can set this up with the camera on
                    one port and a parfocalized EP on the second. That will take care of both
                    focus and framing at the same time - Use an illuminated reticle 32mm Kelnir
                    or 25mm 50 degree Plossl as your EP.

                    Regards, Gary

                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 28, 2012
                      Thanks for all your replies managed to get out last night and get on to the moon between all the clouds worked a treat got a couple of resemble photos  for my first attempt but the  flip mirror sounds interesting thanks for your help