Re: [Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography] Re: e510 to celestron c130. . . what do I need

  • Rod Read
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 19, 2008
      Wow excellent thank you....
      The focal length (FL) is around 2000mm yes.

      I will go off and try research what an SCT thread X T thread adapter might
      is for the e510 and c130.

      (what is SCT?)...

      ok done that I think ... but could I request further help.... there is a
      review on this site which scares me...
      http://www.telescopes.com/telescope-accessories/photographic/celestrontadapteruniversal114inch.cfm

      is this gadget not what I am looking for?

      sorry if I appear a bit slow on the uptake here.
      rod

      --
      2 Lower Sandwick
      Isle of Lewis

      07899057227
      01851 705352

      roderickread (skype)

    • Rod Read
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 19, 2008
        yes it is the 5" MAK...
        don't know about the mount though...

        --
        2 Lower Sandwick
        Isle of Lewis

        07899057227
        01851 705352

        roderickread (skype)

      • John
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 20, 2008
          I did some checking. The Celestron Mak you have can't use the SCT
          T-ring adapter. According to their catalog it needs this part.
          http://www.celestron.com/c2/product.php?CatID=50&ProdID=363
          Which is the same as used on their old C90 Mak.
          Then at ScopeStuff you can get the TTOE T-Ring to Olympus E-Volt.
          John