Re: Recommended T-mount?

  • Lanny H
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hi Barry,
      I just made my own T-mount. I was looking at buying one of the True-
      2 two inch adapter for my 2" focusers when it suddenly hit me. I
      already have a pentax to 4/3 lens adapter to use with one of my
      pentax telephotos. So, I unscrewed all of the set screws around the
      rem of the adapter and pulled out the insert. This left me with a 2"
      diamater resess in which to insert a barrel to connect to the scope.
      A regular 2" eyepiece barrel was a hair to large to fit without
      grinding away some of the threads. Looked around at the plumbing
      section of a supply store and found a 2" PVC pipe coupler that would
      fit fairly well inside my lens adapter. Tightend down the set screws
      around the lens adapter and there you have it...a homemade True-2 T
      adapter that will not lend to vignetting. Also, I gained alot of "in-
      focus" travel. A couple of scopes that would not reach focus
      at "Prime focus" will now focus just fine. Thought that I would pass
      this info along.

      Lanny--- In
      Olympus_Digital_SLR_Astrophotography@yahoogroups.com, "bemstem"