March uploads and New websites

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 5:45 AM

      V. 3 #7: March uploads and New websites

      Hi everyone,

      April is half over and I have been so busy trying to get Olive Tree
      packed and ready to go for its big move, that I haven't had time to
      upload any new databases. Volunteer transcribers Laura, Peggy, Liz,
      Karen and Georgia have been hard at work and I have quite a large
      pile of new (free) databases waiting for me to get online. I will do
      that as soon as I can, I think you'll like what we've got

      Meantime I thought I'd just take a minute to remind you of the new
      databases I uploaded in March (in case you missed any), and tell you
      about a couple of new sites I think are worth visiting.

      First - March 2004 FREE Databases from Lorine at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/free0304.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Olive Tree Genealogy databases http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ :

      - Aller, sailing from Bremen Germany via Southhampton to New York on
      7 July 1888 (21 images of the passenger list plus a transcript of the
      names)

      - SS Montrose, from Liverpool arrived 19 June 1926 at Quebec - page
      67 (Sheet 23)

      - S. S. Melita Liverpool to Quebec carrying soldiers dependents in
      1919

      - Ship Count de Toulouse - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 15 Nov.
      1718

      - Ship Le Philippe - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 25 Jan. 1719

      - Ship Le St. Louis (The St. Louis) - La Rochelle France to
      Louisiana 21 March 1719

      - Ship The Marie - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 28 May 1719

      - Ship The Union - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 28 May 1719

      - Ship Les Deux Freres (Two Brothers) - La Rochelle France to
      Louisiana 19 Aug. 1719

      - Ship Le Marechal d'Estrees - La Rochelle France to Lousiana 19
      Aug. 1719

      - Ship Le Duc de Noailles - La Rochelle France to Lousiana 16 Sept.
      1719

      - Ship La Duchesse de Noailles - From Louisiana to La Rochelle
      France (no date)

      You can get to these from http://olivetreegenealogy.com/free0304.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Past Voices databases:
      http://pastvoices.com/

      - Letter from Elizabeth Baggott, Dayton, Montgomery County, Ohio, to
      Mrs. Eliza Thornton, Alamucha P. O., Lauderdale County, Mississippi,
      March 14, 1847

      - Letter to Miss Louise Lovejoy, Care of C. D. Ferries, Esq.,
      Buffalo, New York, from "Gustaf," New York, January 20, 1849

      - Letter from Mary P. Parsons, Goshen, Massachusetts, to her cousin
      Miss Julia A. Joy, Care of C. C. Grugan, No. 140 Chesnut Str.,
      Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, November 20, 1843

      - Letter from Henry T. Spencer, Albany, New York, to Mr. George S.
      Riley, Rochester, Monroe County, New York, April 6, 1849

      - Letter to Samuel Cox, Jr., Theological Seminary, Chelsea Square,
      New York, from his mother, A. M. Cox, April 12, 1847; postmarked
      Philadelphia [?], Pennsylvania, April 12

      - Letter to Mrs. Amey French, care of Calvin French, Esq.,
      Proctorsville, Vermont, from "Amey," Providence, Rhode
      Island,
      February 11, 1848

      - Letter to D. S. Edwards, M. D., Surgeon U. S. S. North Carolina,
      New York, from his brother, H. Edwards, New Orleans, Louisiana,
      September 20, 1845

      - Letter from J. M. Earle, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to his wife
      Sarah H. (Hussey) Earle, Care of J. M. Earle, Worcester,
      Massachusetts, May 28, 1846

      - Letter to Arthur G. Hatch Esq., American Exchange, Paris, France,
      from "Perce" – Moore, Low & Sanford, Attorneys and
      Counsellors, New
      York, July 14, 1884

      - Letter from Mary Hogg, New York, to Miss Euphemia Taylor, Norwalk,
      Connecticut, February 7, 1844

      - Letter to Mrs. B. C. Attwood, Bangor, Maine, from her brother,
      Benjamin Gilbert, Boston, Massachusetts, July 7, 1842

      - Letter to Mr. Jas. B. E. Daugherty, No. 140/2 High St.,
      Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from his brother, M. Jos. Daugherty,
      Lancaster, Ohio, October 24, 1842

      - Letter to Mrs. Henry W. "Martha" Taylor, Care of C. C.
      Trowbridge,
      Esqr., Detroit, Michigan, from her father, M. O. Masters, Montgomery,
      Alabama, December 20 and 24, 1840

      - John King, Ledyard, Cayuga County, New York, to Thomas B. Gould,
      Newport, Rhode Island, February 5, 1855

      - Letter to Mr. A. J. [L. J.?] Millard, Port Clinton, Ottawa County,
      Ohio, from W. A. Thomson, Concord, Pennsylvania October 19, 1845

      - Letter to Mrs. Julia E. Terry, Care of Ward Woodbridge, Esq.,
      Hartford, Connecticut, from her husband, Charles A. Terry, Cleveland,
      Ohio, August 17, 1842

      You can get to these from http://olivetreegenealogy.com/free0304.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      NaturalizationRecords.com databases:
      http://naturalizationrecords.com/

      - Declarations of Intent, New York 1827-1895, Justice's Court,
      Albany, New York, Index to Book 4, 5 & 6 (1837-1843) (Surnames A, C
      online so far)

      - Declarations of Intent, New York 1827-1895, Justice's Court,
      Albany, New York, Index to Book 7 & 8 (1843-1850) (Surnames V, W, Y,
      Z online so far)

      - Declarations of Intent, New York 1827-1895, Justice's Court,
      Albany, New York, Index to Books 9-12 (1850-1856) (Surnames A, B
      online so far)

      - Added links to online searchable Washington State Naturalization
      Records

      You can get to these from http://olivetreegenealogy.com/free0304.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Websites worth looking at -

      Ancestors at Rest at http://ancestorsatrest.com/

      A site devoted to helping you find your ancestors death records.
      There is an interesting collection of coffin plates, funeral cards
      and other death records (obits, wills, funeral home records etc)
      Submissions welcomed.

      Database of Burials in 120 National Cemeteries at the US Veterans
      Administration at http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/ A busy site,
      sometimes slow but worth the wait

      I hope these help you find an ancestor!