New Databases, Updated Databases, Big Move coming

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2004

      V. 3 #6: New Databases, Updated Databases, Big Move coming

      Hello everyone,

      Olive Tree Genealogy is moving to a new server space in the next week
      or two. You may find that some pages don't display or that some links
      don't work for a few days as I make this move. I hope the move will
      be fast, easy and painless for everyone (including me!).

      With any luck you won't notice anything happening, except the pages
      should load faster once I'm on the new server.

      The new server costs quite a bit more money than my old one but I am
      hopeful that it will make your experience visiting my site a lot more
      pleasant.

      There are a few extra 'goodies' that go along with the server space
      for the website and I'll tell you about those as I get them working.
      Lots of hard work ahead for me, so cross your fingers that the move
      goes smoothly.

      Now, here's what is new since our last newsletter:

      1. Indexes to Declarations of Intent for New York updated
      2. Immigrants to Louisiana 1718-1724 online
      3. Adopted 2 more Message Boards - German Immigrants to Canada and
      French Immigrants to Canada
      4. Adopted 5 towns for the Cheshire County, New Hampshire USGenWeb

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      1. Indexes to Declarations of Intent for New York updated

      Volunteer transcribers are hard at work on several
      databases of Indexes to Declarations of Intent for New
      York. This is another free database brought to you by Olive
      Tree Genealogy on its sister site NaturalizationRecords.com

      Today I added several more surname pages to the existing
      project online at http://naturalizationrecords.com/

      A big thank you goes to volunteers Donna Jackson (finished
      Books 2 & 3), Robin Tweed (working on Books 4-6), Peggy
      Broughton and Dave Cazalet (working on Books 7 & 8), and
      Karen Cundari (working on Books 9-12). Laura Freeman and I
      are proof-reading the files as they are transcribed.

      Here is what is available, with a direct URL to get to each
      set of records. Please let each page load completely then
      scroll down to view the names. These records are freely
      available to everyone, and I hope you find an ancestor or
      two :-)

      --Declarations of Intent, New York 1827-1895, Justice's
      Court, Albany, New York, Index to Book 2 & 3 (1832-1836)

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/nyintent_a1833.shtml
      (Complete! All surnames online)

      --Declarations of Intent, New York 1827-1895, Justice's
      Court, Albany, New York, Index to Book 4, 5 & 6(1837-1843)

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/nyintentbk4-6_a.shtml
      (Surnames A, C online so far)

      --Declarations of Intent, New York 1827-1895, Justice's
      Court, Albany, New York, Index to Book 7 & 8 (1843-1850)

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/nyintentbk7-8_v.shtml
      (Surnames V, W, Y, Z online so far)

      --Declarations of Intent, New York 1827-1895, Justice's
      Court, Albany, New York, Index to Books 9-12 (1850-1856)

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/intent1850-56a.shtml
      (Surnames A, B online so far)

      *NOTE: This is not the same database for Naturalization
      Records indexes 1821-1991 online at AlbanyCounty.com)*

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      2. IMMIGRANTS TO LOUSIANA 1718-1724

      Thanks to volunteer Laura Freeman, I have been able to add
      9 new ships to IMMIGRANTS TO LOUSIANA 1718-1724. This Olive
      Tree Genealogy project consists of lists of Grantees,
      private passengers, infantry officers, cadets, soldiers,
      people exiled by the King, and others who sailed from ships
      at La Rochelle, France, to Louisiana

      I also uploaded one ships passenger list which left
      Lousiana and sailed back to France. The ships (with their
      passenger lists) are:

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1718counttoul.shtml
      Count de Toulouse - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 15
      Nov.1718

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719philippe.shtml
      Le Philippe - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 25 Jan. 1719

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719stlouis.shtml
      Le St. Louis (The St. Louis) - La Rochelle France to
      Louisiana 21 March 1719

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719marie.shtml
      The Marie - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 28 May 1719

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719union.shtml.shtml
      The Union - La Rochelle France to Louisiana 28 May 1719

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719-2brothers.shtml
      Les Deux Freres (Two Brothers) - La Rochelle France to
      Louisiana 19 Aug. 1719

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719estress.shtml
      Le Marechal d'Estrees - La Rochelle France to Lousiana 19
      Aug. 1719

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719ducnoalles.shtml
      Le Duc de Noailles - La Rochelle France to Lousiana 16 Sept.
      1719

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/1719dutnoalles.shtml
      La Duchesse de Noailles - From Louisiana to La Rochelle
      France (no date) but sometime in 1719-1720

      There is a great deal of information given on these lists,
      to ages, places of origin, occupation, etc. These lists are
      free for all to enjoy, I hope you find an ancestor or two.
      Be sure to let each page load fully then read down for your
      names.

      The index to Ships to Louisiana before 1820 is at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/tousa_la.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      3. Adopted 2 more Message Boards - German Immigrants to Canada and
      French Immigrants to Canada

      These message boards were being given up so I 'adopted' them and will
      maintain them for queries. I now administer 28 Message Boards, these
      are all free boards that Rootsweb used to host, but now are hosted by
      Ancestry.com.

      The Canadian Immigration Boards are found at
      http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec?
      htx=board&r=an&p=topics.immigration.canada If you have any ancestors
      who went to Canada, why not post a query there? It's free!

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      4. Adopted 5 towns for the Cheshire County, New Hampshire USGenWeb.

      I hated to see these without websites to help genealogists searching
      for ancestors in those areas, so I took them under my wing and have
      found some nice links for databases for these locations. For the list
      of towns and links to the websites I created for them, see
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/nh/

      Well, that's it for this issue. I will let everyone know the exact
      day I am moving Olive Tree Genealogy (sometime next week). Meantime,
      happy ancestor hunting!