Finding Naturalization Records

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2003

      V. 2 #20: Finding Naturalization Records

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      Hi everyone

      I've uploaded the start of a brand new project on
      NaturalizationRecords.com. Thanks goes to new volunteer
      transcriber Clinton Johnson who is hard at work on these
      records (and believe me, they are NOT easy to read! Clinton
      deserves a tremendous thank you for his efforts)

      It is an index to Naturalization Petitions for New York,
      1834-1860. The new files today are for the years 1844-1850

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/natpet1834-60a.shtml
      is the list of A Surnames. The rest will follow as my
      volunteers finish them. Details are given online as to how
      to obtain the complete record if you are lucky enough to
      find an ancestor here!

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/ny_onlinedb.shtml will
      give you a Directory of Links to all online Naturalization
      Records for New York

      sharing of information regarding naturalization records in
      Canada and the best ways to find ancestors in these
      records.

      To subscribe send the command subscribe

      can-naturalizations-l-request@... (mail mode) or

      can-naturalizations-d-request@... (digest mode)

      USA-Naturalizations. A mailing list for the discussion and
      sharing of information regarding naturalization records in
      the United States and the best ways to find ancestors in
      these records.

      To subscribe send the command subscribe

      usa-naturalizations-l-request@... (mail mode) or

      usa-naturalizations-d-request@... (digest mode)

      These lists will help us find our ancestors in ONline and
      OFFline Naturalization Records, passport applications, oaths
      of allegiance, voters' registrations, alien registrations and
      much more!

      Bargain Corner: Most of my finds for free goodies are at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/freegenealogy.shtml

      Good luck, hope you find an ancestor. Remember, all records
      on Olive Tree Genealogy sites are FREE for all to use.

      You have my okay to pass this message on to any lists you
      think might be interested.