UPDATE of NY Census Records on Olive Tree

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2002
      Update of new databases on The Olive Tree Genealogy!

      Thanks to two volunteers, I have been able to add the
      following databases to my New Netherland/New York section of
      Olive Tree Genealogy:

      o 1698 List of Inhabitants of Flushing, Queens Co.NY

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/census/inhabflush.shtml

      This list acts as a census substitute and contains the names
      of 530 white individuals and 113 slaves

      o 1698 List of Inhabitants of Southampton, Suffolk Co. NY

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/census/inhabsouthhamp.shtml

      This list acts as a census substitute and contains the names
      of 783 white individuals, 152 Indians and 83 slaves

      o 1698 List of Inhabitants of Southold, Suffolk Co. NY

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/census/inhabsouthold.shtml

      This list acts as a census substitute and contains the names
      of 800 white individuals, 40 Indians and 40 slaves

      o 1698 Census of Mamaroneck, Westchester Co. NY

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/census/westchester1698.shtml

      This list contains the names of 73 white individuals and 4
      slaves

      If you are unable to connect by clicking on the direct links
      provided, please start at the index to NY census records at

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/census/

      This index to census records will provide you with links to
      over 400 census records for New York. These links are to
      databases hosted by Olive Tree Genealogy *and* to off-site
      databases.

      Best of luck with your research!

      Lorine
      PS New members - don't forget to visit the Archived Messages for this
      newsletter so you can see what you missed.