NaturalizationRecords.com Updates

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2003
      The Olive Tree Genealogy Newsletter --- helping you find the
      roots and branches of your family tree.

      V. 2 #8: NaturalizationRecords.com updates!

      *~*~*~*~*~*
      Hi everyone,

      I've added the following databases and records to
      http://NaturalizationRecords.com/ this week:

      *~*~*~*~*~*
      NEW YORK

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/ny_natGillespie.shtml

      Naturalization Indexes for surname GILLESPIE 1900-1924 New
      York City

      *~*~*~*~*~*
      MINNESOTA

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/mn_natrec-a.shtml

      Index to Naturalization Records (various kinds - Certificates of
      Arrival, Petitions, Declarations, etc) for the District of
      Minnesota, 1943 - 1978.

      This is an index I created for the online NARA records (337
      individuals), which are rather tricky to search.

      My index allows researchers to quickly find a name of interest. Each
      individual name shows what type of record is online and the date of
      the record(s). Instructions are provided so that you can easily view
      digitized images for detailed information. I have also begun
      extracting details from the images for arrival dates and ship names.

      Here's an example from the index I created: Petition for
      Naturalization for Grete Askegaard. 06/27/1955 [arrived NY
      21 Sept. 1950 on SS Oslofjord] Again, more detail is available
      and can be easily accessed by following directions onsite.

      *~*~*~*~*~*
      GEORGIA

      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/ga_natpet.shtml
      Index to Naturalization Petitions for the Eastern(Savannah)
      Division of the Southern District of Georgia

      This is another index I created for online NARA digitized images. The
      earliest is dated 1783, the latest 1858. I have extracted arrival
      dates and ship names for all individuals (where available) and these
      are included with the index. Instructions are provided so that
      researchers can easily view the online images at NARA.

      Here's an example of what you might find in the index I created: The
      naturalization declaration and petition of Richard D. Fox. ,
      12/01/1843 [2 images: Sailed from London England arrived New York 21
      April 1837 on Ship Gladiator. Living Chatham Co. GA] Using the
      online instructions to view those 2 images noted will provide more
      details.

      *~*~*~*~*~*
      As always, *all* records on NaturalizationRecords.com are FREE to
      use. Please let each page load completely and scroll down to view the
      records.

      Feel free to pass this message on to anyone you think might
      be interested.

      I'm working on the following set of records and they should be online
      by the end of this week:

      *10 more ships passenger lists for ships sailing to Virginia in 1635
      on Olive Tree Genealogy http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/

      *Surnames G-L for Passport Applications 1834-1843 on
      NaturalizationRecords.com at http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/

      *Rest of surnames to finish the AlmsHouse Records 1855-1858 on
      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      *Passport Applications 1809-1817. 1809 and 1810 are done and should
      be online in the next few days on NaturalizationRecords.com at
      http://naturalizationrecords.com/usa/

      *Index and Abstracts of Fugitive Slave Petitions and Ownership
      Documents from Maryland. Includes abstracts of wills, court records,
      owner's petitions, witness affidavits and much much more. The records
      are about the slave owners, their families and friends.

      Enjoy!