Happy New Year & updates on OTG

  • olivetreegenealogy <otg@csolve.net>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002
      The Olive Tree Genealogy Newsletter --- helping you find the
      roots and branches of your family tree.

      V. 1 #42: What's New on Olive Tree

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Hi everyone

      This is the last newsletter of 2002 :-)

      2003 starts Vol. 2 and a brand new year - one where I hope we all
      have that genealogical breakthrough we've been looking for. I only
      have a few new items this time; Christmas and the Holidays kept me
      fairly busy!

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      I have added another year (1822) for the NY Almshouse records.

      For those who missed my earlier message, I am transcribing a set of
      records (1819-1840) for individuals taking out bonds at the almhouse.
      Details include name, age, place of birth, ship name, departure port,
      and more.

      Ship arrivals with partial passenger names before 1822:Alexander,
      Canton, Choate? [scribbled over], Cincinnatus,Criterion, Globe, John
      Dickinson, Margaret [Nicholls iscrossed out], Maria, Nancy, Signet,
      Venus, Weaser, Zenophan

      Places of birth: Ireland, Scotland, England, London,Belfast, Germany

      Ships Sailed from: Greenock, Halifax, Liverpool, London,Newry,
      Savannah, Sligo, St. Johns

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/ny_alms1822.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      I've also started uploading Graphic Images of Ships Passenger Lists at

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/

      So far I have uploaded:

      Lord London 20 Dec. 1850 Liverpool to New York [6 images]

      Cherokee 20 Dec. 1850 Kingston to New York [8 images]

      Siddon 1850 Liverpool to New York [17 images] (also shows
      deaths on board)

      William Toll 1851 Havre de Grace to New York [4 images]

      Sarah Chase 1851 to New York [1 image]

      Urgent March 1851 Belfast Ireland to New York [16 images]

      E. M. Arndt May 19 1873 Germany to New York [35 images]

      Please remember that these graphic images aren't searchable
      except by scrolling through them one at a time.

      They range from very legible to faint; I did the best I
      could with the microfilm I was working with.

      Information includes Name, Age, Occupation, Sex, Country
      passenger belongs to, County passenger plans on inhabiting
      and Died on Voyage.

      These images are of the actual lists; they have not been transcribed
      and are not on any of my other sites. I have over 50 more copies of
      ships passenger lists from the 1850s into New York and will be
      uploading those to http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/ships/ as time
      permits. It sounds easy but it's actually rather time consuming so
      please be patient while I continue to work on this project.

      Enjoy and I hope you find an ancestor!

      To take advantage of any of the 7 free trials offered to these pay-to-
      view databases (and access to hundreds of thousands of names) go to
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ancestry14dayfree.html

      The only new freebie I could find for this newsletter was to create
      an online Bio of yourself or a family member with this free template
      and interactive guide at http://www.lifebio.com/

      Happy New Year and may 2003 be full of genealogical finds!