Immigration and Miscellaneous

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      The Olive Tree Genealogy Newsletter --- helping you find the
      roots and branches of your family tree.

      V. 1 #40:Immigration and Miscellaneous

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Hi everyone,

      I am on my way to Salt Lake City for a few days of research, and
      wanted to take a few minutes before leaving to let everyone know what
      is new on OTG since our last newsletter.

      I am really looking forward to some research time, and hopefully
      finding my elusive Jacob Peer in New Jersey! Cross your fingers for
      me, as he has managed to escape my grasp in the last 10 years.

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      If you are looking for your Irish ancestors to Canada, see
      my ships passenger lists and custom search engines online at
      Olive Tree Genealogy

      Many immigrants to America came via Canada, so don't
      overlook these lists if you are at a brick wall in your
      search.

      Custom Search Engines to search multiple Internet sites for
      passenger lists of ships from IRELAND to N. America are
      found at:

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/searchirish.shtml

      This search engine searches for Irish ships coming to USA
      and Canada, all years. It searches Olive Tree Genealogy and
      dozens of other websites.

      My hosted Irish Ships to Canada include

      Ireland to New Brunswick:

      Charles Napier 1847
      Marchioness 1847
      Progress 1847
      John Clarke 1847
      at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/tocanp03.shtml

      Elizabeth 1859
      Elizabeth 1860
      Argentinus 1860
      Elizabeth 1861
      Elizabeth 1863
      Nubia 1863
      at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/tocanp04.shtml

      Ireland to Quebec

      Helen Thompson 1847
      Collingwood 1847
      Sesosthis 1847
      at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/tocanp03.shtml

      Argentinus 1859
      Nubia 1861
      Nubia 1863
      at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/tocanp04.shtml

      More ships are coming, as fast as I can transcribe and code
      them. Good luck, have fun and hope you find an ancestor!

      Miscellaneous Uploads
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/pal_tyger1771.shtml
      Palatine Ship to PA 1771

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
      FREE

      Since I like to close my newsletter with something that is FREE on
      other sites, this week I've chosen Ancestry.com and Genealogy.com's
      free trials. I've talked about them before, but I couldn't find
      anything NEW to share with you so just wanted to remind everyone that
      these are available.

      Ancestry.com now has 3 FREE trial subscriptions, each for a different
      database (Census, United Kingdom & Ireland, and General Database)
      where you can find your ancestors.

      Genealogy.com has two FREE trials - one to their basic subscription
      plan (lots of goodies) and the other just for Passenger Lists. See
      all at

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ancestry14dayfree.html

      AOL users click here: <a
      href="http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ancestry14dayfree.html"> Free
      Trial </a>

      Have fun, see you after I get back from Salt Lake City!