New Uploads on Olive Tree Genealogy

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2002

      V. 1 #34: New Uploads on Olive Tree Genealogy
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/index.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      List of Quakers in 1755 in New York - New York City, New
      Town, Jamaica, Hempstead, Flushing, Oyster Bay
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/census/quakers1755.shtml

      This list of Quakers adds to the previously uploaded list of
      Quakers in Dutchess County NY 1755 at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/census/quakerdutch1755.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      1715 Muster Roll of men in Livingston Manor, Sullivan Co. NY
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/mil/livingston1715.shtml

      THE PAPERS OF JOHN GORDON MACOMB, JULY 1757 TO JUNE 1760
      (NEW YORK, BRITISH ARMY) - an index of names, plus an offer
      of lookups for full details
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/misc/mccomb175760.shtml

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

      Muster Rolls from the French-Indian Wars, also helpful in
      Loyalist Research, for the following Regiments:

      First (or Royal) Regiment of Foot, 2nd Battalion Am.
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/loy/muster/1reg.shtml

      28th Regiment of Foot
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/loy/muster/28reg.shtml

      (Montgomery's) 77th Reg. Of Foot, or First Highland Batt.
      Am. http://olivetreegenealogy.com/loy/muster/77reg.shtml

      The above 3 muster rolls add to the existing muster rolls
      for 15th, 47th, 44th and 48th Reg of Foot already on Olive
      Tree Genealogy

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Uploads on Family Branches: An Online Community of Family Trees
      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~myfamilybranches/

      New:
      Fife Family of Oklahoma
      Kienzle Family of Germany and Waterloo Co. Ontario

      Updated:
      Swartout Family of New York
      Simpson Family of Ramsgate, Kent England

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Online Article: Using PERSI

      © Lorine McGinnis Schulze
      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/index.shtml

      PERSI (PERiodical Source Index) is a wonderful tool. Here is how to
      use it effectively:

      First, find what articles are published on the surname you are
      seeking. Many large libraries have the index, but if yours doesn't,
      you can purchase the CD ROM version, or consult the online PERSI
      Index at at Ancestry.com

      I used Ancestry.com's online subscription database and typed in
      BOELEN in NEW YORK. I got 3 'hits' on the PERSI index. There is also
      a PERSI CD you can use, or your local library may have a copy.

      Copy the information -- either by printing the page or writing it
      out, EXACTLY as you see it.

      For BOELEN in New York one of the hits I got was for "Boelen Arms" in
      the NYGBR (New York Genealogical & Biographical Record) Vol. 67,
      Issue 4, Oct. 1926. I will need all that information to order the
      article.

      continued at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/articles/persi.shtml

      Have fun, hope you find an ancestor or two!