UPDATES! Search Engines, Family Trees and more

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2002

      V. 1 # 25

      **NEW!** SEARCH ENGINES FOR SHIPS PASSENGER LISTS TO NORTH AMERICA
      I have begun a new project on Olive Tree Genealogy! Finding ancestors
      has never been easier! Surnames are at your fingertips with my custom-
      built Search Engines.

      These Search Engines will search most FREE Internet pages (including
      Olive Tree Genealogy) for ships passenger lists to USA & Canada.

      Search engines have been custom built for the following states:
      Maryland, Texas, Louisiana, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, New
      England (includes Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire,
      Rhode Island & Vermont) and Texas.

      The total number of ships to USA you can search from my new search
      boxes as of today is 2,235. New ships are being added daily so
      don't despair if you don't find an ancestor the first time.

      More Search Engines will be added for the following states as soon as
      I have time to develop them: Massachusetts, North & South Carolina,
      California, Washington, Alabama, Hawaii, Florida, Delaware

      One of the little known online databases for USA ships is found at
      the NAC (National Archives of Canada) for immigration 1925-1935.
      Immigration records, including some border crossings are searchable
      for the ports of Providence, Rhode Island; Boston, Massachusetts; and
      New York City, New York. The NAC database for these US cities has a
      total of 6,293 names and you can now search the database from the
      Olive Tree Genealogy pages!

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/search_ships.shtml

      This same database at the NAC has thousands of Canadian entries for
      the years 1925-1935. I have now set up a search box for your
      convenience which will search the Canadian ports of Quebec City;
      Montreal, Quebec; Halifax Nova Scotia; Saint John, New Brunswick;
      North Sydney, Nova Scotia; Vancouver, British Columbia; & Victoria,
      British Columbia.

      For those seeking ships to Canada, I have one search box which
      searches ships to all of Canada (both those on the Olive Tree pages
      and those on other sites). New ships are being added as I find them,
      and as of today the total number you can search from the
      convenience of my site is 265.

      Search Passenger Lists to USA

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/search_ships.shtml

      Search Passenger Lists to Canada

      http://olivetreegenealogy.com/ships/search_shipscanada.shtml

      I also have a new USA GENEALOGY site at

      http://www.rootsweb.com/~ote/usa_genealogy/

      I am adding new databases and links to databases daily - all
      categorized by state. This is another project in the works so please
      keep checking back frequently if you don't find what you need the
      first time.

      ** NEW** Uploads to My Family Branches: An Online Community of Family
      Trees

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~myfamilybranches/

      Glassup Family of Ontario
      Weir Family of Ontario
      Gainsborough & Mellows Families of England
      Maynard & Gordineer Families of Peekskill New York
      Begley Family of Kentucky

      Have you submitted your GEDCOM yet? It's a great way to make
      contact with others searching the same name. And best of
      all, it's free. You send me your GEDCOM, I convert it to a
      webpage and I maintain it on your behalf. All GEDCOMs and
      family trees remain the property of the submitter. So if you
      haven't seen this community yet, please drop by and read the
      Submission Guidelines at

      http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~myfamilybranches/

      Have fun, and I hope you find an ancestor or two!