Calling all genealogists!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2013
      Hello friends

      Sign the Petition to Release the 1921 Canadian Census!
      If you have not been following the saga of the 1921 Canadian Census
      please take a moment to read Call to Action! Government puts Canadian 1921
      Census Release on
      Hold<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/call-to-action-government-puts-canadian.html>

      *Summary*:

      - *The 1921 Canadian Census was released by Statistics Canada (either
      January or June 1st this year, government agency accounts differ) to
      Library and Archives Canada (LAC) for scanning and releasing to the
      public. *
      - *It was due for release the first week of June but with no explanation
      from LAC the opening was delayed. *
      - *LAC has not been forthcoming with any details or fanfare or
      explanation as to when we might see this census*
      - *A source at LAC revealed information that the Federal Government put
      the census release on indefinite hold because the only people interested
      were "3 little old ladies in Kingston [Ontario]"*

      Now, thanks to reader Bill Robinson, we have a chance to sign an online
      petition<https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-honourable-james-moore-release-the-1921-census-now>to
      request this 1921 census be released
      *NOW*. According to the LAC source it's on the servers ready to go but not
      available until the Government gives the okay. Let's show them that there
      are more than "3 little old ladies" who want to study this census and
      search for their ancestors!

      Please share this post with others - in private emails or on appropriate
      forums and mailing lists (meaning please keep it on topic). Feel free to
      blog about the petition and provide the link for
      signing<https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-honourable-james-moore-release-the-1921-census-now>on
      your own blogs. Anyone can sign no matter where you live so I hope to
      see our American, English, Australian and other friends and neighbours also
      signing and helping to bring this census online ASAP.
      --
      Lorine McGinnis Schulze

      Follow genealogy news on my blog
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com