October News & an Exclusive

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2012

      There's so much going on that I want to share with you that I hardly know
      where to start. So I'll begin with an exclusive heads-up for my newsletter
      readers. I haven't shared this on my blog or website; you are the first to
      know.

      Tomorrow I'll be announcing two giveaway contests on my Olive Tree
      Genealogy blog.

      The first contest is for a 3 month membership to Ancestry.com (generously
      donated by Ancestry.com) - and best of all, the winner will be given TWO
      memberships - one to keep and one to give away to a friend. Details of
      this contest will go up on my blog tomorrow at
      http://olivetreeegenealogy.blogspot.com

      The second contest is for a free Flip-Pal Mobile scanner with carry case.
      The good folks at Flip-Pal have given me this exclusive prize to give to
      one winner. I'll announce the details tomorrow on my blog at
      http://olivetreeegenealogy.blogspot.com

      I'm very excited about these contests and wanted my newsletter readers to
      be the first to know, so be sure to drop by my blog tomorrow for details on
      how to enter

      *********
      In other genealogy news there's a really cool contest going on right now on
      Ancestry.com See details on my blog at Ancestry's Death Record Challenges
      Oct. 15 - Nov. 2!<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/2012/10/win-prizes-with-ancestrys-death-record.html>

      As well you can help support Breast Cancer research while giving yourself a
      treat with a Flip-Pal mobile scanner. See "Get a Pink Flip-Pal Mobile
      Scanner Bundle for Breast Cancer Awareness Month" at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/2012/10/get-pink-flip-pal-mobile-scanner-bundle.html

      *********

      Olive Tree Genealogy has a series of posts about archiving and caring for
      old photo albums. I've been going through my mother's cousin and my aunt's
      photos going back to the late 1800s. Hubs also had two sets of albums and
      photos we rescued dating back to 1860s which we wanted to preserve,
      organize and share with descendants. That got me started on this series.
      You can have a look at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/search/label/Archiving%20Old%20Photo%20Albums

      Some of you may be antique buffs as well as genealogists, and for those who
      are, you may enjoy having a look at our blog Antique Hunter at
      http://antiquehunter.blogspot.com

      Last but certainly not least we have a few new cases of WW2 soldiers' ID
      (Dog) tags which need to go home to family. Please take a moment to read
      about them and if you have a few minutes to spare, help us find descendants
      so the dog tags can be returned. See
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/p/soldiers-dog-tags-cases.html for
      the complete list.

      That's it for now, don't forget to drop by the blog tomorrow for those
      contest details!

      Lorine McGinnis Schulze

      Follow genealogy news on my blog
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com