MILITARY ANCESTORS? NEW DATABASES

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18, 2002

      V. 1 # 24: Military Databases

      Are you interested in Military Genealogy or history? Find your
      ancestors in free searchable databases for each war and rebellion
      Canada has been involved in.

      I've just completed the redesign of The Canadian Military Heritage
      Project at http://www.rootsweb.com/~canmil/ Not only does the site
      have a new look and navigation system, I've also updated files and
      added new pages for various wars.

      Genealogical databases, research tips, links and historical
      information can be found for:

      French-Indian Wars | American Revolution | War of 1812 | Rebellion of
      1837 | Civil War | Fenian Raids | Red River Rebellion | Nile
      Expedition | North West Rebellion | South African (Boer) War | WW1 |
      Siberian Expeditionary Force | Spanish Civil War | WWII [not online
      yet] | Korean War | Vietnam War | Gulf War | War in Afghanistan |
      Peacekeeping Missions | Military Cartoons

      For those interested in USA Military history or seeking an American
      Military ancestor, I have a section devoted to this on Olive Tree
      Genealogy, at http://olivetreegenealogy.com/mil/

      American databases, historical information and links to databases, as
      well as research tips can be found for:

      King Philip's War 1675
      King William's War 1689
      Queen Anne's War 1702
      Father Rasle's War 1724-1726
      French-Indian Wars 1754-1763
      American Revolution 1777-1783
      War of 1812
      Seminole Wars 1817-18
      Black Hawk War 1831-1832
      Seminole Wars 1835-42
      U.S.-Mexican War 1846-48
      Seminole Wars 1855-58
      Civil War 1861-1865
      Fenian Raids 1857
      Spanish American War 1898
      Boxer Rebellion 1900-1901
      WW 1 1917-1918
      King William's War 1689
      Queen Anne's War 1702
      Father Rasle's War 1724-1726
      French-Indian Wars 1754-1763
      American Revolution 1777-1783
      War of 1812
      Seminole Wars 1817-18
      Black Hawk War 1831-1832
      Seminole Wars 1835-42
      U.S.-Mexican War 1846-48
      Seminole Wars 1855-58
      Civil War 1861-1865
      Fenian Raids 1857
      Spanish American War 1898
      Boxer Rebellion 1900-1901
      WW 1 1917-1918

      I will be adding more files and links (and wars!) to the American
      Military section over the next few months so if you don't find an
      ancestor first time, be sure to come back and try again.

      For those interested in Letters from soldiers, visit Past Voices:
      Letters Home at http://pastvoices.com/ I have a very good selection
      of WW1 Letters and Civil War Letters, plus a few from the US Mexican
      War and War of 1812.