May Tidings

    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2012

      I wanted to be sure you all knew that Ancestry UK has the 1911 UK census
      FREE this weekend (until May 14th). You can read their announcement at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/2012/05/announcement-1911-england-census-free.htmlI
      found my English grandmother with her family in the 1911 Census for
      Ramsgate. I love seeing how many rooms the family lived in.

      Also, a very nice honour came my way a few days ago. Inside History
      Magazine listed my Olive Tree Genealogy Blog in their Top 50 blogs to
      follow. So unexpected and such a privilege to be in such good company with
      49 other bloggers. You can read about this at
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.ca/2012/05/inside-history-magazine-and-top-50.html

      The Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner specials are almost done. Today's the last day
      so head on over to my blog to get the Promo Code if you want to take
      advantage of the special.

      For anyone familiar with my project to reconstruct Ships Passenger Lists
      sailing from Holland to New Netherland (New York) in the 1600s, I've just
      found several new references to passengers pre 1640. I'm so excited to add
      these to the lists so if you have New Netherland ancestors traveling in
      that time frame, be sure to watch for the additions coming soon.

      The index to 81 ships with passenger names sailing between 1624 and 1664 is
      at http://www.olivetreegenealogy.com/nn/ships/

      I'll be adding the new names with their source citations sometime in the
      coming week.

      Enjoy this weekend and be sure to wish all mothers (and grandmothers) a
      Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

      Lorine McGinnis Schulze

      Follow genealogy news on my blog
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com