Genealogist Xmas Wish List, Identifying Old Photos, Cemetery Walks and more

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2011

      Are you ready for the holiday season? Maybe you'd like to check out the
      Baker's Dozen Genealogist Wish List at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/ "All I want for
      Christmas..." Either leave it lying out for your loved ones to see (for
      gifts for yourself!) or use it to figure out what to get another avid
      genealogist in the family

      Also if you've inherited old family photos but have no idea what time
      period they are from, you might want to watch "5 Types of Early 19th
      Century Photographs - a YouTube
      Video<http://www.olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/11/5-types-of-early-19th-century.html>"
      on the Olive Tree Genealogy YouTube Channel at
      http://www.youtube.com/user/OliveTreeGenealogy?feature=mhee

      Learn about the 5 main types of photos from the 1800s and the time periods
      in which they were produced. The video has many examples of these types.

      The November Genealogy Challenge was well met and several people submitted
      their cemetery photos which are being made into videos for the Cemetery
      Walks on YouTube. See
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/p/cemetery-walks_26.html for a
      complete list of what's online and what is waiting in the wings!

      One last thing - Olive Tree Genealogy just published Case #10 for Found Dog
      ID Tags of Soldiers. One of the missions of Olive Tree Genealogy is to
      reunite found Dog ID Tags of soldiers with their descendants. Readers of my
      blog pitch in to help find loved ones.

      The list of our cases and whether the dog tags have gone home to
      descendants or we are still working on finding family is at
      http://www.olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/p/soldiers-dog-tags-cases.html

      I'll give my Canadian listers a spoiler - next week there is a case coming
      up (Case #11) which involves a Canadian soldier from WW1. His dog tags have
      been found and the finder desperately wants to see them go back to family.

      Please take a peek and see if you can help with any of the open cases! What
      a great Christmas present that would be for some family - to have their dad
      or grandpa's dog tags returned.

      Lorine McGinnis Schulze

      Follow genealogy news on my blog
      http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com