Woohoo! I Made it into the Top 40 Genealogy Blogs!

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      Last night I found out that Olive Tree Genealogy blog was voted one of
      Family Tree Magazine's Top 40 Genealogy
      Blogs<http://familytreemagazine.com/article/40-best-genealogy-blogs-2011>.
      To put it mildly, I was surprised, shocked and yes - delighted!

      After writing about the nominations for Top 40 in a previous blog post To
      Scramble or Not to
      Scramble...<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2010/12/to-scramble-or-not-to-scramble-that-is.html>,
      you can probably imagine my surprise at actually being voted into a top
      place! Especially because I didn't scramble.

      So thank you to all my loyal readers who voted for my blog! I appreciate
      your support so much, it makes the hard work of writing a daily blog
      worthwhile. Knowing that someone (or several someones) out there enjoy or
      gain knowledge from what I write means the world to me.

      I'm one of 5 in the "Everything" Category. I love the description of an
      "Everything" blog:

      *"These are the "variety shows" of geneablogs. Find a little (or a lot) of
      everything here: news releases, product reviews, tips, finds, rants, raves,
      shout-outs and humor."*

      I also chuckled over their statement that I've been blogging since "the
      Middle Ages"! It's true, I started blogging in 2003 before most people had
      even heard of a blog. Since Feb 9, 2003 to March 9, 2011 I've written 1,141
      blog posts (I didn't write very often the first 4 years my blog was online).
      My family always says I like to talk! And I guess that's the proof.

      Being voted in to Top 40 with 39 other amazing blogs has my head spinning
      and I'm honoured to be in such good company. I hope if you haven't read the
      rest of those on the list that you'll take a few minutes to have a look at
      them.

      --
      Posted By Genealogy Blogger to Olive Tree Genealogy
      Blog<http://olivetreegenealogy.blogspot.com/2011/03/woohoo-i-made-it-into-top-40-genealogy.html>at

      --
      Follow my genealogy updates on Twitter
      http://twitter.com/LorineMS